BA loses bags AGAIN – four out of five short-haul sectors!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

That’s 3 claims being made to BA on the forum (your 2 Ian and BAFAN) re his travel costs).

All initially rejected, not 2 have been agreed/settled… moral in the story somewhere..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sadly, I now join Ian in that I have come away for the weekend and hey presto, my bag doesn’t.

Checked in for a London – Milan flight at T5 this afternoon, usual quip, “my bag will travel with me”, absolutely it will Mr Sinclair, don’t worry.

In Milan, I am told there has been a “catastrophic” IT problem in Heathrow, “over the past few days” causing 13,000 bags to be separated from their owners.

Result, I have absolutely nothing apart from the clothes I am standing in…………

Has anyone else heard about this?

If there is anyone near the Westin in Milan that could lend me a T Shirt, please do let me know.

Speaking to BA at the airport, they can offer no guarantees:

1. where my bag is

2. when it will arrive

3. sign an authorization for me to buy any new clothes (just buy and send receipts in)

4. It may arrive after I go back to London

Quite frankly, I did not come to Milan to go shopping, only recompense I would like from BA is to go home tomorrow morning (if my bag doesn’t turn up) and allow me to come back next weekend at their expense.

Kind regards

PIS*ED off stuck in Milan with no change of clothes……………..

Gerhart_Hauptmann
    Participant

MartynSinclair

You have boasted about what a great deal you have had with RFS flights using Avios, yet at the first sign of trouble, you turn on the airline. A little more loyalty and not biting the hand that feeds you would be appropriate.

BigDog.
    Participant

Martyn – recent baggage going astray is happening not only to passengers but crew also.

Gerhart_Hauptmann – 27/06/2014 19:20 GMT- as a brand new poster may I suggest a better start to the forum would be to make several positive contributions before contemplating being critical of long serving posters.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Frustrating part was, I only checked the bag so I didn’t have to take it through security… would have easily gone through as. hand baggage.

Damned if you do and Damned if you dont!!!

1nfrequent
    Participant

Sorry to hear that, Martyn. Only consolation is that Milan is probably *the* place to buy necessary but expensive replacements and stick the bill on BA.

1F

LuganoPirate
    Participant

BigDog. +1

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Martyn, some of my older shirts may fit you if you want to pop up to Lugano. I heeded your advice about hand baggage so decided to liberate myself and check a case in to LCY. I’m now extremely nervous that it may not make it. I’ll report tomorrow!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sure LP, many thanks…… perhaps your children’s T shirts may be a better fit 🙂

I failed to follow my own rule – to ask the gate agent to check when I boarded to see if my bag had been loaded.

The concierge at the Westin who is managing this, has already shown me at least 5 other guests who have no bags….. all from BA…..

EDIT – just seen the notice on the BA website about the luggage problems in T5 today and yesterday. I think passengers should have been told at check in about this known issue, rather than it being hidden.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Martyn, I’m so sorry you lost your bag.

I got wind of the problem late on Thursday night when I was in the Sofitel at T5, I was due to fly to MUC on the first flight yesterday morning and was intending to check in a bag. I weighed up the possibilities and decided against it throwing away some expensive toiletries as a consequence.

When I arrived at the lounge the (pleasant) dragon asked me about my check in bag which I had said I would have at the time I checked in and I told her that I had changed my mind in the light of the problems the day before. She gave me a very knowing look and told me I had made a very wise decision although the publicity was that everything was working yesterday morning.

I understand less than 20% of the bags made it to MUC on my flight.

Now chaps, is it not possible that Gerhart_Hauptmann – 27/06/2014 19:20 GMT is not yet another incarnation of Vintage Krug?

The behaviour of this poster as we have long seen in previous threads is to go off topic and then start a row as we saw most recently in the thread about discontent at Mixed Fleet. The result is that the thread is either deleted or closed thus removing anything critical of Best Avoided Airways from view.

This thread no doubt also rankles with him as it is criticising that which should be regarded as perfect on all fronts so please don’t start rowing with him if he starts his usual provocation games.

Edited to add:

We seem to have caused amusement to the folks on Flyertalk with the Mixed Fleet thread which was hi-jacked to talk about seats:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1588024-trouble-strife-confusion-business-traveller-forum.html

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Morning Martyn, that’s why I offered my older shirts, from a few years ago which have all shrunk in the wash as I like to say 😉

As a matter of interest, I’m in the Swiss Senator lounge at ZRH, and just watching the arrival of a BA jet from London. Four baggage containers have just been offloaded so I guess they’re getting on top of the problem!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

WillieWelsh, I was thinking exactly the same as you when I saw the post from GH. Same style, defense of the one no-one may criticise etc.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

WW/LP – that, or someone such as SergentMajor / SeargentMajor passing him/herself off as another (possibly reincarnated) poster to cause trouble

Martyn, sorry to hear of your problem. Buy what you need and claim it back (with persistence if need be). We have – eventually – managed to recoup all our costs from BA. I don’t think they are going to pay you for a new trip, though

SimonS1
    Participant

WW- strange. We had the appearance of ‘Oscietra’ on that thread as well, however I see now his post has been removed….interesting in view of JamesReex comment below.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Crying-shame

Then there was Hauptmann, now we have a Gerhart_Hauptmann as well. All with the same agenda.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls