BA – Honestly, what the heck??

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

I had a much more positive outcome with Jet2 yesterday.
    On Saturday booked 2 one way tickets on their website from EDI to ALI.
    Not the easiest of processes, but eventually I got my confirmation texted to me.

Alarmingly the text confirmed GLA –ALI. So yesterday called their contact centre and I explained the situation to Vicky. She explained that she couldn’t change the departure airports and the tickets were non-refundable and I’d have to rebook. However she put me on hold, came back and advised me that if I bought the EDI tickets from her, she would cancel down and fully refund the GLA tickets.

20 minute phone call and my problem was sorted. Excellent customer service from Jet2 and in particular ….Vicky.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Martyn…slightly off the subject but just to mention that I have heard that the building occupied by the “Mucky Duck”….ie the Black Swan (opposite T21) may be up for demolition soon and the gin joint could be but a distant memory….bites the dust as one would say…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Terry – a perfect ending for a Sheffield United pub!! (long live the Wednesday pub, Pickled Liver)

… incidentally, I’m installed in the Westin this week can always be found in the lounge on 24, except the mornings when I’m doing my mad runs!!

(What the heck though – BA did get me here!!)

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Martyn….Usually go to the Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Brit Embassy on the 9th Nov this year…apres…. tea and biscuits with the Ambassador…All jolly good show but at the moment not sure maybe having friends up to CM that weekend.Will be around however for a least a couple of days before heading back to Blighty on the 15 th…Are you still in town then?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

leaving next Sunday..(26 Oct)

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Mai pen…rai…chok dee na jao…

travelworld2
    Participant

It’s not just BA. I was due to fly from Halifax (Nova Scotia) to Punta Cana via Montreal for a family party earlier this year on Air Canada. I had an overnight layover in Montreal. as the flight timings weren’t great. Three weeks before travel Air Canada changed the Montreal-Punta Cana flight to depart 24 hours later. Air Canada suggested a two day layover in Montreal (!)l. As I had to be in Punta Cana for the original date booked that didn’t work. I found that WestJet had a flight from Montreal to Punta Cana at about the same time of the original Air Canada service, I suggested I took that flight., as a direct result of Air Canada’s timetable change. The only way Air Canada would let me do it was to cancel my entire original booking and rebook leaving out the outbound Montreal- Punta Cana sector – which cost £200 more, even though I was omitting one sector.. I battled with Air Canada on it but they wouldn’t budge. So I had to pay it. And pay for the WestJet ticket.

The only thing I can do- and have done- is to blacklist Air Canada and so I will never fly with them again if I can possibly avoid it.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

To further add insult. Just received text from BA telling me tomorrow’s connector flight from LHR to MAN is now cancelled.
    So far my EWR to LHR is still looking ok albeit delayed.

PhilipHart
    Participant

Well perhaps you should take the refund from the cancelled LHR->MAN flight and get a seat instead on Little Red – before it goes titzup 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

ST.. on what basis do the airline turn round and just cancel a flight. Surely they cant cancel a flight if there are poor loadings???

openfly
    Participant

@Martyn I think there maybe a few “planned cancellations” tomorrow morning due to passage of the “dead” hurricane that passed Bermuda a few days ago. It looks as though it will have some very strong winds on it, so, maybe for once, BA is being sensible and consolidating flights to reduce the operation at Heathrow.

BigDog.
    Participant

Further to Openfly’s post

…Heathrow has said it is cancelling some flights with the 20 biggest carriers as the remnants of Hurricane Gonzalo are expected to hit the UK on Tuesday.

Around 10% of flights at the London airport will be affected, it said.

British Airways had earlier said it had cancelled flights on Tuesday ahead of the expected severe weather….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29685066

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Just arrived at EWR and can confirm its weather related.
    ST

PatJordan
    Participant

HarryMonk
    Participant

At a time when BA should be providing clear and concise information, who chose to provide information in such a hard to read itallic script on the BA webpage specifcally created to give inforamtion regarding today’s delays

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flightops/public/en_gb?p_faqid=5142&source=hp_disruption_banner

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls