BA – Honestly, what the heck??

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Noticed my return flight from ORD to LBA had a stop-over in LHR of around 8 hours – turns out BA have removed a mid morning flight to LBA. No problem I thought, I will go from LHR to MAN instead & still get home 4 hours earlier. Tickets were available for £85.

So I called the BA Gold line & as usual, suffered that awful music whilst I waited to be connected (about 15 mins) – “I just want to switch my last segment from LBA to MAN” I said.

Ok says the BA guy, I will check….. On hold for 12 minutes and he came back to tell me, there will be a ‘change of ticket fee’ of £110 plus…….. I told him to stop there – I can by a one way LHR to MAN on your website for £85?

And that’s what I have done.

So much for helping your regulars eh??

PS – when did BA raise credit card fees from £4.50 to £5.00?

BA – to fly, to serve

esselle
    Participant

To Fly. To Swerve?

SimonS1
    Participant

Amazing. BA really don’t give a shit about their premium clients. Then again regular users of the forum will know that.

VKsNemesis
    Participant

There’s a reason BA is known as ‘Con Air’ amongst the more irreverent (but witty) passengers and frequent flyers.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

SimonS1.
    I guess I already knew that, but, I am still amazed at the seemingly endless amount of (what appears to be) crass stupidity within the organization.
    Today is just another example of such.
    You couldn’t make it up.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@seasonedtraveller – I wonder how BA will view the unused portion of your ORD – LBA ticket…?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Hi Martyn. They can think what the hell they like. Plans change. If they can’t see the irony of the situation they have created…….
    unless I’m doing something illegal?
    By the way, I told the Gold card line guy what I was going to do and he didn’t comment.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whilst I agree plans change…. any airline ticket office would argue that is why there are tickets priced for flexibility that allow changed f o c..

However, what makes your situation / change interesting is you were presumably not warned by the agent about the airlines right to reprice a ticket, if any sector is unused. Instead, from what you write, the BA agent simply sold you a new ticket, with full knowledge of why you were doing this..

I know repriced/unused tickets are spoken about quite a bit, but has anyone known of any airline charging a passenger after the event??

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Martyn. Just to be clear. The BA guy did not sell me a new tix, I just went ahead and bought one on the BA website but, I told Mr BA what I was going to do and he made no comment other than a little laugh….. ( I think HE could see the irony)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If there was a possibility of your original ticket being repriced, should Mr BA have warned you…. irony or no irony???

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Yes. I should have been warned but not to worry because the call will have been “recorded for quality and training purposes”

The sad thing is I actually really want to like BA, it’s my National airline….they just make it so difficult ;-(

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“I actually really want to like BA, it’s my National airline….they just make it so difficult ;-(“

Summed up so well seasonedtraveller… there is no feeling of the airline actually wanting your business… it like a game of “Mario brothers” – benefit by finding the cheat!!

Well its 8.40am in BKK, off for my morning run in the wonderful heat…..

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

10pm in Atlanta. A couple of beers before bed time Martyn.
    cheers.
    John

stevescoots
    Participant

13.20 in Dongguan and i just woke up! time for a brew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls