BA F to SYD with miles

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

There is currently plenty of availability on this route in F, between February and August. Didn’t check for CW though.

Hope that will help some of you.

PS there are usually two seats available per flight.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ssssh! Don’t tell the Binman 😉

He’ll be certain to identify the day he wants to travel as the one where no availability is offered!

Potakas
    Participant

Ssssh!

I am sure he will appreciate the availability and he will be OK.

Just to mention that there is availability both for the Easter (April) and on July (Olympic Games is then, right?).

BABenji
    Participant

It’s marvelous, isn’t it? Currently “down under” and have booked up to bring Mrs BABenji back in May next year for the princely sum of 300000 miles, £1400 and an AMEX 2-4-1 voucher.

geojohn46
    Participant

Not many F seats if you are using AA award miles, Going BA F lhr sin overnight QF B Sin Per. Oh! also I’m on BA11 and my wife BA15? only one set avail for travel in Feb 2012. maybe they will open more seats later. One other Question, as we will depart out of Term 3, has anyone been able to go to T5 to use the Concorde lounge. My wife wants a massage?

NTarrant
    Participant

Some seats still available December to February if you take a different routing. I have booked to SYD out via MEL returning via FRA, all with BA Miles but only FRA-LHR on BA rest with QF. Admittedly F out J return.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s no such thing as a “Concorde lounge”.

It’s called the Concorde Room.

Unfortunately, you cannot access T5 if flying from T3, so no Concorde Room.

BA has a First lounge at T3, with pre-flight dining and an Elemis Spa; contact YouFirst to pre-arrange a treatment – if you’d prefer not to have a massage yourself, ask for the (relatively) new massage chairs, which are excellent, or enjoy a shower pre-flight; very relaxing before a long flight like that.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

You can’t pre-book spa treatments from T3 via YouFirst – that facility is only available from T5.

There is also only have 1 member of spa staff between 5pm-9pm who can perform 3 treatments an hour, so if you’re departing between these times, then you stand very little chance of being able to use the facility.

Stating the massage chairs are “excellent” is a subjective view and dependant upon your experience and expectations – on their own, they are a waste of time (IMHO)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If you are flying BA longhaul (T3 departure) F, ex Europe, you can time your flights so the Concorde Room can be enjoyed whilst you are in T5.

The Concorde Room is accesible to all F passegers on the day of travel, you just need to ensure that you have a reason to be in T5. It does work. It will confuse lounge doorman/lady, but there again, they always have their rule books to refer to!

Potakas
    Participant

Hi Martyn,

Let’s say that you arrive at T5, departing from T3.

Which boarding pass you will scan at the connection center/security entrance?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Potokas

If someone wants to use the Concorde Room on day of departure, as long as you have printed the evening T3 boarding pass and it is in F, you will be granted access to the Concorde Room before your first flight to get to the European departure point.

It may mean getting to Heathrow early on travel day, but it all depends on how much someone wants to experience the Concorde Room and treatements.

Apart from the spa treatments, a comfy and quiet seat in the F lounge is the same to me as a quiet and comfy seat on the Concorde Room, but there again, thats just me!

geojohn46
    Participant

Thanks Martyn, as we will be checking out of the Sheraton about lunch time we will have plenty of time as our flights do not depart until approx 9pm. So are you saying that if we check our bags in at T3 about 4:30pm we could go from T3 landside transport to T5. Would we then have to come back to T3 landside or can it be done from airside.

VintageKrug
    Participant

No.

To be VERY clear you can only access T5 airside if you have a ticket on a flight which departs from T5. So no Concorde Room if you’re departing T3.

Having said that, the F lounge in T3 is a very nice facility, considering it’s in T3.

MS is absolutely correct that a same day ticket departing or arriving in F will allow you access to the Concorde Room, this would normally be helpful in the scenario where you are inbound in F and connecting onto a shorthaul service where you could wait in the Concorde Room for your final sector. You MUST have your F Boarding Pass to take advantage of this option. As an aside, you would also have access to the T5 Concorde Dining room in the Arrivals lounge, plus the Arrivals Elemis Spa, in the above scenario.

The scenario MS was referring to, which I don’t think is relevant to geojohn46’s flights, is one in which you outbound from T5 in order to connect to an exEUR service, inbound to T5 and then connect landside to T3. In that scenario, you should have access to the Concorde Room that day based on your outbound flight to Europe, if you had PYOBP for the exEUR-LHR-SYD journey.

It’s an awful lot of flying to go outbound and in inbound to LHR and then onwards to Sydney in a 24 hour period, but certainly possible!

If you’re flying F on the return journey, you get access to the T5 Arrivals Lounge if you can be bothered to journey over to T5 and arrive before it closes at 2pm, and there is also an American Airlines facility at T3 which is basic but functional for showers etc. to which your BP should permit access.

geojohn46
    Participant

Thanks Vintagekrug, for the clarification as I’m arriving from DFW to LHR 3 days before departing and then having traveled to Australia and cruised to Hawaii my flight back to DFW will bypass LHR. So will have to check in early and try to book a massage in T3 for the good lady. Pity would have been nice to check out the Concorde ROOM!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls