BA F to SYD with miles

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Glad my PA could assist you geojohn46. Enjoy your trip.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I wasn’t aware you had a genital piercing, Martyn. Though I wasn’t aware you knew geojohn46 that well…

Well, well.

FlyingChinaman and you should start a club!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Crikey VintageKrug, I know you enjoy dynamic interpretations and use of the English language, but bemused how a thank you to one of my junior assistants, could imply that I enjoy a “Prince Albert”.

Catch me in the T5 arrivals lounge on Wednesday morning and I may, if the mood permits, allow you to check.

BT, this should make an interesting photo opportunity!!

geojohn46
    Participant

Sorry to be the cause of friction, being an ex-pat living in the land of the free (even more free come Nov 2012) collecting my UK pension and social security. All I wanted was to visit T5 and get the wifey a massage. No piercing on this end and good PA’s are hard to find. Well come Feb 23 will set up brief residence in T3, thanks for all the great info and comments.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi geojohn46, no friction whatsoever, its all part of the BT forum banter. We are a very friendly and sometimes lively bunch.

Looking forward to Wednesday’s visit to the T5 arrival lounge!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Most disappointed that there was no “inspection team” in the T5 arrivals lounge today.

Regards

Prince Albert Club!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’ve just been a little sick in my mouth.

Papillion53
    Participant

We are flying BA EDI-LHR-SIN-SYD arriving into T5 then transfer to T3 for the onward connection.

We have a few hours (about 8) from arriving in T5 to departing T3. I booked this to take advantage of the First Class Lounge as this is only the second time we have ever flown First, so wanted to make the most of it, especially with the facilities in T5.

Can we access the First Class and Concorde Room after we arrive in T5 and spend time there before transferring over to T3? Or do we have to carry on and transit over to T3?

The first time we flew First was in the New First ex JFK in Sept 2010 – even the crew were excited as it was their First time too! They were still paying with all the buttons when we boarded! LOL! Hoping we’ll have new First, but hey we’ll still be happy if not.

Thanks for your help.

Potakas
    Participant

HI Papillion53,

Unfortunately you will not be able to use any of the lounges at T5. Concorde room and Galleries first are airside, so you will need a boarding pass for a flight departing T5 in order to get there.

RichHI1
    Participant

Don’t they still have the airside intra termonal buess that you could use for shopping in other terminals? Also AA give you all your boarding passes for the trip not jst first leg, do not BA do the same or at very least cannot you get a boarding pass in T5 connections desk?
    Have to say I am amazed someone wants to waste all day at Hetahrow in a lounge but heh, different strokes…

VintageKrug
    Participant

But having said that, you can lounge surf in T3 if you have oneworld status, with F and J offerings from Cathay and American Airlines to choose from.

These options in addition to the BA Galleries (Club) Lounge, Elemis Spa and the BA Galleries (First) Lounge, the latter of which offers private dining in a sort of hybrid Concorde Room.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/terminal-3-changes/public/en_gb

Potakas
    Participant

Last summer, I called BAA to check if I could hop and buy a gift from T3, they told me that this is not an option without a valid BP (departing T3). I didn’t search further for this as Chanel was able to bring it to me at T5.

RichHI1
    Participant

Wow must have changed since T5 came on stream. Used bus many times between T4 and T3 in past.
    Just realized they have changed T5 now so Uk and International flights depart from same concourse and take snaps at Security. Whereas they do not at T3 as no domestic flights so probably an immigration deal.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You can always ask for a BAA personal shopper to bring things from other terminals; if the items are high enough value, they are quite happy to do this, as Potakas has set out.

Potakas
    Participant

Well, there is always the possibility that the agent I spoke with was incorrect, or they did change the rules sometime in the past.

Maybe your best option is to call YouFirst and ask them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls