BA Data Breach – has anyone claimed

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

My details were hacked but I have, as far as I am aware, not experienced any adverse consequences. What with very considerably more urgent and pressing priorities, I didn’t elect to follow this up.

Casey_99
    Participant

What is in the new T+Cs that makes retaliation by BA a possibility?
    Do the T+Cs mean that whenever you have a dispute with BA they can retaliate against your Exec Club membership?

mkcol74
    Participant

@Casey_99 Basically, yes.

Casey_99
    Participant

Have scanned thru the Exec Club T&Cs but can’t see anything that would suggest BA can retaliate. Am I missing something?
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/terms-and-conditions

1 user thanked author for this post.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I queried the BA rules with the lawyers. The first response was not well thought out, and I told them so. Yesterdays second response is better prepared and is to the effect that BA can only act against you in the case of fraud or misconduct. They do not see the legal proceedings as “misconduct”. Of course not. Make up your own minds. They also say the rule changes are restricted to N America class actions, not had time to check this yet.
    In any event, all of this can be avoided if only BA would DO something to fix the problem and say “sorry”.

Casey_99
    Participant

I agree, if only BA would do something I’d drop my participation in the class action.
    It feels disrespectful of BA and that customers, especially the very loyal Exec Club customers, are treated very poorly when their personal data and credit card details were compromised by BA.
    Gold for life, even Silver for life would be a nice gesture, costing BA very little and perhaps increasing their revenues as those affected continue flying BA.

3 users thanked author for this post.

mkcol74
    Participant

@Casey_99
    A: whoops accidentally pressed the wrong button & reported your post.

B: I emailed BA suggesting just that. Their response was to join the class action!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Casey_99
    Participant

Which reinforces that BA is no longer the airline it once was.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Offered and being paid…

Found my offer email only by checking junk mail, it came through a couple of weeks ago … very nice amount too…

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=1107537]

3 or 4 digits?

JDTraveller
    Participant

Can only assume you were in the coveted group 1!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls