BA Chain of Command Onboard

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 131 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Another one here that has signed up after years of lurking just to reply and may well get instantly banned. What an inane load of drivel from somebody still banging the mixed fleet drum.”

The fact is that this announcement was made on a flight crewed by mixed fleet, the previous problem was well before mixed fleet existed, so you are writing nonsense.

The concern isn’t about service, you obviously don’t have a clue what it was about and your expertise in confirmation bias is obvious and extraordinary.

Fortunately, you don’t get banned from BT for being clueless.

By the way, welcome to the fourm.

StJohn14
    Participant

Totally pointless thread started by someone with his head so far up his own posterior. Time for him to get a life I think!!

SimonS1
    Participant

Are you allowed to do that without the Captain’s authority?

Speedbird1994
    Participant

StJohn14. Quite! I wonder if he goes out of his way to be as annoying as possible, or if it comes instinctively?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

StJohn14 – 08/06/2016 21:07 BST

Totally pointless post. Why bother? Just don’t read the thread.

If BT think the thread isn’t suitable, they will remove it.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Speedbird1994 – 09/06/2016 00:20 BST

Are you really so emotionally immature that you get annoyed by posts on an anonymous forum?

ba747fan1
    Participant

Whilst I personally do not think this is the most useful topic, I do not think personal attacks should be made.

And I am now intrigued and will be listening carefully to what the CSD / purser announces today and would never have done before.

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

FDOS.-UK……Stop trying to look like a ‘know it all’ and get a life you make yourself look like one of the unseasoned travellers that ‘crew’ have to smile glassily at with teeth clenched, ye gods worst drivel I’ve read this week.
    As an ex flight attendant of 17 years when the CSM mentions his/her crew they are implying the cabin attendants, when Captain mentions same he is covering the whole ships worth.

handbag
    Participant

I have tried not to respond to this as I felt that R Fergusson had put the point from a Crew perspective across well and I am desperately trying to hold my tongue from saying how I really feel about this.

I AM GUILTY – of incompetence and I am WW.

I refer to “my Crew” in the following examples

As an in charge (of the Cabin obviously ) to the passengers
    When talking about who I have worked with (Guess who was on my Crew?), this could include the Flight Crew
    When discussing whole is working in my galley ( my Crew)
    When I say I have written a report on one of my Crew
    and numerous other example I can think of.

I have always meant this in reference to “the Crew that I am working with” and had never thought that such a reference would make ever a passenger feel that I did not realise that the Captain was in overall charge. What surprises me most is that such a well travelled passenger has thought this.

In all works of life we refer to My bank, My dentist, My team, My doctor, My local, My family, My pets, I have always felt this is something I am part of, not in charge of.

Should I now always be saying “the Crew that I am working with” rather than my Crew ???

Regardless of whether a Crew member says “my Crew” or not I can assure everyone, that not for one second, is any Crew under the illusion as to who is in overall charge. This would not make any difference if they have been flying for 1 week or 30 years.

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

Well said ‘handbag’…….I just couldn’t be bothered to enlarge to such an undeserving cause.

SimonS1
    Participant

Shocking, handbag, shocking. Still at least you have pleaded guilty so we can get on with the execution.

In all seriousness I’m surprised the thread has staggered on for 4 pages. A real non event.

LondonCaterer
    Participant

All I’m going to add, in my best British Airways ‘welcome aboard’ tone, is….WHAT A ******** STUPID THREAD…!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Why are all you geniuses bumping the thread, if you don’t like it?

Jeez, I dread to think what your collective IQ is.

LondonSurgeon
    Participant

I find this thread fascinating.

As a surgeon I have a team of junior doctors that work directly for me and they are my team. The next rung down from me is my registrar. When I am not there I am sure he/she calls them his/her team. I would find it odd if he called them his team in front of me. The team of course knows the chain of command.

Is there an issue here? Possibly. It is interesting how people use language. Is it a slip of the tongue of using my instead of the or is it pride in your team?

There are times I have used my team when I am really proud of their achievements.

My tuppence worth

JohnHarper
    Participant

FDOS_UK – 09/06/2016 18:35 BST +1

It never ceases to amaze me how people who contribute little if anything positive to this forum pop up with boring regularity to complain about what is said and to criticise.

I think they are probably on the limits of their intelligence and have no real experience of travel beyond getting the bus to Tesco.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 131 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls