BA Chain of Command Onboard

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

It really is shocking. The Prime Minister should hold a meeting of Cobra to review this.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Speedbird1994 – 04/06/2016 11:52 BST

“It was a slip of the tongue. Noting more. Nothing less.”

So you are voting for failing to engage the brain as the cause?

Just so I do not misunderstand you.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

SimonS1 – 04/06/2016 12:02 BST

Absolutely, people are wasting time engaging in an inane and irrelevant topic, where there is work to be done to complete the austerity programme, in particular cutting border manning complements at Heathrow.

Quite disgraceful, I think I’ll write in complain to the Times (of Malta) in line with my BT handle.

Disgusting.

SimonS1
    Participant

In other news, the world went on and everyone reached Manchester safely….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

SimonS1 – 04/06/2016 12:11 BST

Well, it wasn’t an Air France flight, was it – so safe arrival is kinda part of what you expect.

And my car was still attached to its alloy wheels at Liverpool, so that was a bonus, too.

PS: if the ‘other news’ is quoted from the Times of Malta, it was no thanks to the disgraceful behaviour of the Partit Laburista and life will not be restored to normal until the Nationalists once more assume control of the islands. In the sports news, Malta played Guernsey in a football friendly and were denied 6 penalties by a biased referee, before losing narrowly, 3-0.

NTarrant
    Participant

FDOS – I wonder if the words you heard were a slip of the tongue? My recollection from BA flights, it has been a few months since my last BA flight, that the CSD/CSM/cabin manager/purser or whatever the person is called depending on which flight you are on, says “I would like to add my welcome to that of the captain” then blabla about executive club and one world, the something like “let me or one of my team know if there is anything you need”

I was under the impression that there was a standard script which crew stuck to. Although I can’t recall seeing any one reading from a script, other than the supplication on a Flynas flight recently, for a long time.

I think that most people know that the captain is the guy or gal in charge. What I find confusing is the various names the senior cabin crew are called, there does not seem to be any consistency certainly on BA.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

NTarrant – 04/06/2016 12:14 BST

Nigel, it could have been a slip of the tongue, the words you quote in your first sentence sound familiar.

I like the supplication and miss it on European flights! As the Maltese priest said a few years ago, when I made a donation for his (excellent) pastoral work, ‘why don’t you let me bless your house, you may not be a catholic, but it can’t do any harm, can it?’

Totally agree about the diverse titles on BA, very confusing.

drflight
    Participant

Things are so much easier with the heavenly Singapore Girls as rank is clearly indicated by the colour of their sarong kebayas – or the colour of the striped tie for the men!

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Teachers are well known to have “professional deformation” – this thread suggests to me that “psychologists” (hardly a scientific profession) would seem to suffer even more from this problem !

FDOS_UK
    Participant

PeterCoultas – 04/06/2016 13:35 BST

Psychologist not a scientific profession – are you from the Stone Ages?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I think it would be a teriffic idea to have all these posters (self included) get together over a few beers & see how they all interact with each other in the real world.

If you don’t like a post on here, or, think its a waste of space then surely to god the answer is to simply ignore it.

If you disagree with a post, a response makes sense.

FDOS has a point to make – why would you spend your time telling him he’s effectively wasting your time?

A few too many ‘keyboard warriors’ on here & a few too many over inflated ego’s.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

seasonedtraveller – 04/06/2016 15:16 BST

It would be good to meet a few people and have a chat over drinks.

Seasoned, as you are in Yorks (I think) and I’m in Lancaster (expat Tyke), I wonder if we could setup a northern meet for people?

Anyone else interested?

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Regardless of whether one agrees with the point raised by FDOS_UK in the OP, this thread has become rather informative and interesting about how the chain of command operates on commercial aircraft.

rferguson’s useful insider input is much appreciated as always.

Thanks everyone. Lunch with my ipad was far more entertaining than expected.

travelworld2
    Participant

FDOS-UK’16.38 BST. I’d be interested in a London meeting. Would be great to put faces to names!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Alex_Fly – 04/06/2016 17:48 BST
    Regardless of whether one agrees with the point raised by FDOS_UK in the OP, this thread has become rather informative and interesting about how the chain of command operates on commercial aircraft.
    rferguson’s useful insider input is much appreciated as always.

Completely agree.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls