British Airways A350 Routes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

From flights I have booked, or am in the process of booking:

DXB (I’m booked in November) A350
    GIG (I’m booking in February) 787

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Swissdiver
    Participant

DXB would be a risky bet since one of the two runways will be closed for a few weeks. Plus RF wrote it will me North America. East Cost is highly probable, as further would mean a return trip over 24 hours. And I would not exclude T3 flights as swaps are possible with the schedule change in 9 days… That said, not enough information to bet…

Flâneur
    Participant

Routes online report 18th March:

British Airways today (18MAR19) announced planned long-haul service with its new Airbus A350-1000XWB aircraft, with configuration of J56W56Y219. For Long-haul routes, the A350 will enter service by October 2019. Short-Haul service will initially be served by mid-Summer.

London Heathrow – Dubai eff 08OCT19 BA107/106
    London Heathrow – Toronto eff 01OCT19 BA93/92

Current schedule listing for A350-1000XWB is effective until 26OCT19 inclusive.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I missed something here. Aren’t receiving them before October?

mkcol74
    Participant

@Swissdriver No you’ve missed nothing. Per the 2 links in my previous reply to another first entry into service is August when they will be operating short haul, most likely MAD, for a couple of months before going into long haul service as above.

1 user thanked author for this post.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Could well be Toronto ,Dubai ,and any of the thinner US routes operated by 788s ( Austin,New Orleans ,Nashville ,Charleston ,Pittsburgh ) ..fingers crossed .

MarkivJ
    Participant

Austin has now moved to 744 in the summer and 77W in the winter!

Inthesandpit
    Participant

Dubai (DXB) Southern Runway Rehabilitation (closure) is scheduled for 15th April to 30th May.
    During this time the BA106/107 will use A380 equipment and the BA108/109 will use B772 as per the current schedule.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

I thought that i read Abu Dhabi was one of the first routes for the A350 (after Madrid training flights)

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Roll-out was today at Toulouse.

Initial long-haul routes will be Dubai and Toronto in October.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

You heard it (Tel Aviv) here first……

rferguson
    Participant

And Bangalore.

Peter
    Participant

How will we know when these flights to Madrid are ready to book?

Do we know approx. what month these will take place?

Thanks!

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

No news yet

My guess is they will take over the BA460 currently operated by a 777 sometime in September. But that is a total guess – maybe they keep the 777 and swap other A320 services for an A350 service.

capetonianm
    Participant

Checked in the GDS and the 350 isn’t showing at all, so as Tim says, guesswork.

I do have a couple of ‘informers’ in BA and will ask the question.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls