British Airways A350 Routes

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

• Raffles99
    Participant

BA only gets 30 days notice from Airbus of the exact delivery date, hence the lack of scheduled flights in August. They are not even scheduling ‘official’ flights until 1 October to Toronto although the plan is that they start earlier.

I was told, more than once, at the launch event that it would be the first flight of the day. This seems a little odd because this is currently a short-haul aircraft. On the other hand, it might make sense as BA can easily sub in a short haul if the A350 has issues.

rferguson
    Participant

Stumbled across these on Flyertalk. Actual pix of the various cabins on the first A350 about to take to the sky. Scroll to post #208

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1961384-flying-ba-s-airbus-a350-deliveries-routes-reviews-more-14.html

5 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Thanks RF good to see it in the flesh. The “suites” do look somewhat “cozy” and is it just me or do the WTP seats look slightly narrower than the current product? I was actually expecting it to be 7 across than 8 across in Y+.
    A big plus however is seeing there are standard/manual window blinds, not the silly ones found on 787s..

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=945348]the silly ones found on 787s[/quote]

Not just me that hates them, then….

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

CW looks good to me. Some review (don’t remember the URL) called it bland but I think it looks well appointed

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Not confirmed officially yet …

But talk on social media this evening that BA may be bringing forward the A350 launch date for LHR-DXB.

If correct it would mean LHR-DXB would become BA’s first A350 long-haul route in place of YYZ.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

[quote quote=949870]Not confirmed officially yet …

But talk on social media this evening that BA may be bringing forward the A350 launch date for LHR-DXB.

If correct it would mean LHR-DXB would become BA’s first A350 long-haul route in place of YYZ.[/quote]

How much earlier Alex as I am booked mid September.

capetonianm
    Participant

I can’t understand the interest in this, but anyway here is the info :

BA 107 2 LHR DXB 1245 2300 08OCT19 22OCT19 351 7:15
    BA 107 345 LHR DXB 1250 2305 09OCT19 25OCT19 351 7:15

Airbus 350-1000 operating from 08OCT.
    Three class configuration
    J 56 W 56 M 219

capetonianm
    Participant

It looks as if YYZ will also start at the beginning of October :
    BA 093 7 LHR 5 YYZ 3 1300 1550 06OCT19 20OCT19 351 7:50
    BA 093 X7 LHR 5 YYZ 3 1305 1555 01OCT19 26OCT19 351 7:50

AMcWhirter
    Participant

What I have seen on social media is a rumour the A350 would operate BA106/BA107 from September 2 instead of October 8. Presumably BA107 would return from DXB very early on September 3.

Anyway I must stress that this has not been announced officially. Ba.com continues to display a B777 for these flights.

Like all these things with new aircraft nothing is certain.

It was really just to advise you of what might be happening.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

[quote quote=949954]What I have seen on social media is a rumour the A350 would operate BA106/BA107 from September 2 instead of October 8. Presumably BA107 would return from DXB very early on September 3.

Anyway I must stress that this has not been announced officially. Ba.com continues to display a B777 for these flights.

Like all these things with new aircraft nothing is certain.

It was really just to advise you of what might be happening.[/quote]

Hi Alex and Forum, on this topic, I just received an email from BA that my seat has been changed for operational reasons on my flight on 22 September. I now have seat 1K instead of 10K, and the aircraft type is listed as 351! I’m really looking forward to trying this new seat! Alex, once again, your sources were right!

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

AFlyingDutchman – The first A350 for BA is expected to arrive at Heathrow next Friday.

After I posted the above note I did learn that BA was emailing people already booked on these flights to advise them of the aircraft change.

Since then Mark Caswell was finally able to get confirmation from BA. See below:

British Airways to begin A350 flights to Dubai on September 2

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Looks like 1st flight on A350 will be on 5th August on the BA460 at 13:20. Currently shows on GDS as a 777 and only 4 full fare economy seats left. (everything else around it has good seat availability). Reliably informed this will be it (obviously could change).

So as I had thought with colleagues – looks like the current 777 rotation to MAD will switch to A350 for some dates in August.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls