BA 2014/15+: What next?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 329 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Just confirmed – next A380 route will be Miami from OCT next year – from Terminal 3!

Also terminal moves confirmed in effort to have all operations in terminals three and five. Significant amount of longhaul flights moving to T3 from T5.

June 15 – HAJ, LUX, LYS, MRS, BIO move from T1 to T3. AMM, BEY, BAKU, CAI from T1 to T5.

Oct 15 – MIA, DEN, PHX, LAS, YVR, CPT, ACC, NBO move from T5 to T3.

Capetown2k
    Participant

i wonder if a CCR is on the cards for T3

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Also to confirm both Miami flights from winter 2015 will be A380 operated.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

That’s good news but where are the airframes coming from? BA is only scheduled to receive one more A380 in 2015 (the final three are delivered in 2016), which arrives in February and has been allocated to taking SIN daily and to combining with others to make SFO work.

If two more are required for MIA, where will they come from? Is LAX to go back to 744s for the winter? Are deliveries being brought forward?

rferguson
    Participant

There are two A380’s coming next year. Also BA has 7 ‘options’ on further A380’s.

Capetown2k wouldn’t count my chickens for a new CCR in T3. With the exception of MIA and NBO/ACC all the other transferring Longhaul routes are those that currently or are slated to operate without F.

Capetown2k
    Participant

Hi RF

i was under the impression ba 58/59 was to have first from oct 2015 for uk winter

rferguson
    Participant

Could be CT. But as it was one of the designated routes to go without F for a period of time I guess it means BA sees it along with the other routes going ‘three class’ temporarily as having less F demand than others. Or dare I say it more leisure oriented.

Poor old ‘Gatters’ barely has a First lounge let alone a CCR. Hopefully I will be wrong in terms of T3! Maybe the current ‘dining room’ in the T3 F lounge will be rebranded a ‘Concorde room’ a la the arrivals lounge.

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

HFF – last weeks IAG Capital Markets Day advised that one of the 2016 A380 deliveries was being brought forward to 2015,for a total of 2 next year, so giving BA the hulls to play with, if Airbus keep to schedule.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Thanks for the update, rferguson. The terminal changes sort of all make sense, in that there is room at T3 now that *A has left (including what was, at its peak, 3 SQ A380s a day), and there are already some, if tired, BA premium facilities

Given that T1 looks now to be closing in mid June and these moves only take place in October, I wouldn’t like to be travelling out of T5 next summer… The bussing is bad enough as it is already, but suspect it will only get worse next year

You’d think HAL would bother to build some more of those, you know, gate things that planes park at…

travelworld2
    Participant

city professional @18:57- do you mean the things at the back of the shops?

SenatorGold
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind flying BA out of T3 to Warsaw so much if they used an air bridge for flights to this and other European destinations. Does anyone know why they don’t?

Mixedflyer
    Participant

Most of T3 operations since last month are now on pier.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

So pleased my trip in F to MIA is April so the CCR in T5 is available, not so overly bothered it will be a 747, however, I spent an afternoon in the Galleries T3 lounge a few weeks ago and found it very agreeable. Not been to T3 F yet.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Thanks for the update Mixedflyer! That’s good to hear. I assume this is connected to the departure of Star Alliance airlines from T3.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

@greyhawkgeoff – 11/11/2014 16:52 GMT

HFF – last weeks IAG Capital Markets Day advised that one of the 2016 A380 deliveries was being brought forward to 2015,for a total of 2 next year, so giving BA the hulls to play with, if Airbus keep to schedule.

Thanks GHG – that makes more sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 329 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls