Appalling service on BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)

• travelworld
    Participant

I must confess that I haven’t had a bad flight on BA in ages, in either CW or First, the most recent being CW on Accra- LHR last night. Staff always very helpful, professional and pleasant. Yes, I agree that the breakfast is a shadow of its former self (fresh fruit in a plastic tray which I had to open myself, but I got over it) but to my mind the seat is pretty unrivalled and the service is certainly better than my recent experiences on EK’s A380. I struggle to think of an airline whcih hasn’t cut costs in the past two years; my view is that BA is still a pretty good bet.

DClinPsy
    Participant

I personally think, if you,disgusted, wants to compare Air Malta, you should do so with those who has the same financial benefits, such as, Singapore Airlines.

StewartKidd1
    Participant

I’m so pleased to read this thread – it reminds me of why I stopped discretionary flying on BA 20 years ago. I suggest that the new MD/CEO takes a trip in First on an Emirates 777 and after weeping profusely, calls in his team and tells them the facts of life.

The only consolation I can offer BA is to say that the seats in J are better than those than in KLM World Business – the only worse seats than those I can think of are in Ryanair.

Goldcardsaplenty
    Participant

In a few months I will lose my Executive Club Gold Card having held it for many years. A few years back the prospect of its loss would have mortified me, now I simply don’t care.

No matter what the (very few now) die hard BA supporters say the truth is that British Airways is no longer a premium carrier in any criteria other than the fares they charge.

The old First cabin is now laughable in comparison with competitors and the food in both F & CW is appalling but these shortcomings pale into insignificance compared to the service offered by the surly, unsmiling and uncaring cabin crew.

The superb levels of service that were given in years gone by always made up for any shortcomings in equipment or food whereas now the ‘couldn’t give a sh*t’ attitude displayed by the cabin crew simply compounds the problem.

I understand that the ongoing ballots/strikes has had a dreadful effect on morale but those crew that do not like working for BA should do what the majority of their punters are doing and vote with their feet and go elsewhere. At the moment they are simply dragging a once proud airline to its knees

Before anyone tells me that the ‘grass isn’t always greener’ let me assure you that it is. With some carriers it is so green it is dazzling.

Except with Continental. They suck.

stevescoots
    Participant

Lol @ Goldcards re continental….

nevereconomy
    Participant

Thanks AlanM11 – since this was a first after 20 years with BA , I had to confirm it. I will have to take 100ml vodka through security disguised as aftershave ( for anyone old enough to remember an episode of Are You Being Served and Mrs. Slocombe’s perfume spay) and order me a frosty glass of ice, lemon and tonic. At least until BA goes back to decent First Fizz.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Taittinger Comtes de Champagne BA is currently serving in F is splendid, and not to be sniffed at.

Someone mentioned earlier that BA did not feature in the Cellar in the Sky BT Awards, however, this is the exact same wine for which Qantas won “Best First Sparkling” this year!

ExecPlatAA
    Participant

Totally disagree with VK. Not only is the Taittinger Comtes de Champagne just OK but what makes it worse is the fact that disinterested (and often self absorbed) first crew serve it lukewarm. The food is appaling and the “new” seat is at best a refresh. BA First, just does NOT cut it.

austline
    Participant

I have to agree with VK the Tattinger Comtes de Champagne is a beautiful champagne.

BA was also serving Tattinger Comtes in the F class lounge Terminal 5 Sunday before last a pity that it was not cold.

On the food side flew up from Abuja to London on BA, I have done this route a number of times over the past 5 years and BA have never changed the menu, same old brunch mixed grill with no bacon, scrambled eggs all overcooked. They have taken the cheese plate away, no towels and AVOD which did not work, however good bed and 3 hours sleep on a day flight so was happy enough.

stevescoots
    Participant

To have no AVOD on a long haul flight is just not acceptable, did they compensate you for it?

only once have i had non working on the airline of my choice, the crew came round with compliant forms without having to be asked and I was sent a personal apology (ok computer generated with my name inserted) and 15,000 miles on credited to my ff

Daytripper
    Participant

Despite their infuriating patchiness in way too many areas for Willie Walsh to be sitting comfortably, there is one area where BA certainly deserve credit- their amazing T5 lounges.

Particularly if you’re flying short-haul, time spent in the lounge can represent a big percentage of the journey, and BA have the best lounges (certainly in Europe.)

Although I’m not a big fan of the Concorde Room (too dark and poor views) the huge BA First lounge is Europe’s best, with amazing panoramic views over much of Heathrow, decent lounge food, and ultra-cool ‘best of British’ design. The business lounges don’t fall far behind either.

Goldcardsaplenty
    Participant

Re: Daytripper

I would certainly agree that T5 First Lounge is a superb facility although I also enjoy the refined elegance of the Concorde Room.

I did recently venture into the Terraces Lounge looking for a colleague and found it extremely busy and already showing signs of age and looking shabby.

But there is one thing I would like to point out that I think highlights BA’s lack of care. Above the elevators going up to the lounges is a kinetic sculpture specially commisioned from Troika entitled ‘Cloud’ (although I think it looks more like a peanut).

This has been broken for over a year.

Am I being picky? At over £9k for a flight to Houston I don’t think so.

stevescoots
    Participant

I havnt done the T5 first lounge,the business one is very good tho, large roomy quiet and staff good, I would put it way above the reletivly small skyteam lounge in T4. In terms of qulity of finish on a par with virgin upper in T3. staff on a par but food service well down. however i may not be comparing apples for apples here,

but the JFK lounge sucks big time, as does Sao Paolo

BAdboys
    Participant

Goldcardsaplenty…..the Troika ”Cloud” kinetic scupture is designed to be active for just a random 15 minutes every hour. You may think it is broken…but it is at rest!! Otherwise it would consume too much energy, and wear out.

BAdboys
    Participant

London City has the third largest BA operation. Most of the BA flights have a Business Class. Why is the BA Business lounge only open to the JFK passengers?
    Is this another indication that BA is not committed to a proper business class service at LCY?? It is certainly not a Club Europe product.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls