Afternoon Tea

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Well done BB…..

As I’ve pointed out, attention to detail and small but inexpensive touches, change a bland, un-memorable service to something out of the ordinary…..

And without jumping about topics here…afternoon tea-future of BA first-umpteen Ba flight reviews…here is a classic example of simplicity and its not even VS first !

And as bacrew has pointed out, on some flights they actually do have to tray up…so why not on all flights afternoon tea is served ?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Thanks canucklad..

Can someone who is a member of the BA Future Lab please suggest?

ta

Papillion53
    Participant

Hi BB – lovely, but Gleneagles is closer!

Or how about this one http://www.merrionhotel.com/drawingrooms_tea.php

Yes, the VS one does look better presented, but the offerings are the same, so would still not please some!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m getting hungry just looking at the menus aat Gleneagles Papillion. I can imagine the salmon and beef. mmmmmm

Binman, I know what you mean about Raffles, and it has I think lost its charm. It’s now just a tourist trap almost Vegas style!

From the early 80’s, I have a recollection of a stuffed tigers head on the wall. Am I right or is it imagination? In any case, when I was there 2 years ago, upstairs there was just aboard with a tigers head – a beer advert I recollect.

HongKongLady
    Participant

I love afternoon tea once in a while, had a very nice one last week at Chatsworth House. The Peninsula HK was my favourite but no longer as they have changed the green tea tiramisu to coffee mouse !
    I also had a small but nice afternoon tea on a flight from Amsterdam recently, lovely warm scones yum.

esselle
    Participant

The Goring has recently been voted as the best afternoon tea in London.

Papillion53
    Participant

Good Evening LP!

How are you? I always meant to ask you how did Thandora’s move go (I hope I got the correct name for Lady Elephant)?

IMHO Gleneagles serve some of the best smoked salmon I have ever tasted and the Gravadlax is very nice too. Their supplier is http://www.visitmarrbury.co.uk/ and we usually come home with a side of each after our visits there. Especially when I have a sneaky girly spa night away with my best girlfriend sans the DH – call it a peace offering on returning home! They serve it on their breakfast buffet and the chef there really knows how to carve it – thinly sliced with a delicious mustard sauce on the side and a sprinkle of lemon (a half lemon, of course, tied in muslin!)

HKLADY – green tea tiramisu, now that sounds delicious!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

All well thanks Papillion. I hope all is well your way as well?

Thandora is doing fine thanks. She’s adapting and coping with the wild and we hope to release her next week. From a 1ha Boma she’ll make her way into a gorgeous 11,000ha reserve and perhaps become friendly with Bully, the Bull elephant?

Lots more on http://www.globalconservation.org where’s there’s also a link to the Facebook page. You’ll see a picture of mrs. LP’s well travelled Discovery which Thandora has taken a liking to. Despite her leaning on it she did no damage at all.

Back to the subject of tea. Mount Nelson in Cape Town. Famous for it and often with Jellies and Blancmange as well!

Shearer
    Participant

The Berkeley does the best afternoon tea in London. It’s wonderfully bonkers.

I may be biased.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t remember the name of the hotel, but it was in Pakistan, Islamabad I think, in the late 80’s or early 90’s. They had the most amazing afternoon tea which bought me right back to my childhood days with the array of sumptuous goodies. Small cakes with icing, Bridge Rolls, Trifle, Scones and so on. I wonder if this is still done?

Papillion53
    Participant

Morning LP! Thanks for that link – she is gorgeous and hey those old discos can handle anything! I would love to be able to come and see the work these amazing people are doing so if I can only persuade the DH he could do without me for a couple of weeks …. No chance! LOL!

Thanks for sharing that, it brightened up my day! :-))))

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls