Afternoon Tea

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Binman62 – 16/04/2013 12:19 GMT
    Not sure why one must either be a BA apologist or a BA basher. The fact is, it was a once great airline and over the last 5 or 6 years in particular has lost its way focusing on dominating the market whilst frustrating development of a new airport and all the while delivering ever poorer value to customers.

Well put.

Re Long Bar – they only sweep up once everyone’s gone, so if you head over around 21:00 there’s still shells all over the gaff.

I’ve stayed at Raffles a couple of times, love the place but now I tend to stay over the road at The Fairmont. Chijmes next door can be a hoot and as I said, we always end up at The Long Bar for a Sling….and a Tiger, at least once a trip.

Would loved to have been there back in the days you mention….

Rgds.
    AOTG.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AOTG, ever tried the Marina Bay Sands?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 16/04/2013 12:37 GMT
    AOTG, ever tried the Marina Bay Sands?

Indeed, had drinks there a couple of times last year on the rooftop bar KU DE TA.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I must say these days I prefer the Courtyard to the Long Bar. I agree, the Long Bar lost something when it moved upstairs but the Courtyard is a very pleasant alternative. The Tiffin Room too is a bit of a treat provided you are hungry enough to make it worthwhile!

I too prefer the Fairmont as a place to stay these days.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

One thing that would be nice in F is to have a 3 tier stand like you get in the Dorchester.

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

I would love to have afternoon tea in Economy, we would enjoy such offerings too. It’s sad that airlines believe that people who fly Economy don’t want Afternoon Tea.

Binman62
    Participant

One thing that would be nice in F is to have a 3 tier stand like you get in the Dorchester.

Sadly as there is not room to swing a cat let alone set up a place for a 3 tier stand.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

LOL… Binman please tel you will come to the Taste of London festival… I will buy you a drink if you do!!! :o) xx

uggboylovestravel, dont worry you are normal. So would I (only fly premium on business) I think BMI used to, can anyone confirm?
    BTW – love the name as i do my UGG’s 😉

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@BB and @Binman

LH offers a 3 tier stand for starters in F (since about 7-8 years?), apart from the other servings, like caviar, which is on a regular plate.
    And best is…you can have both options…since they stock enough.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

But do they serve British afternoon tea?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@BB
    No, no English High Tea, but as I said, various kind of starters – minus caviar.

Papillion53
    Participant

There is really only one place for afternoon tea!

http://www.gleneagles.com/hotel/dining/afternoon-tea

Papillion53
    Participant

VS looks just the same as the BA offering, just served on a mini cake stand. It most likely comes out of the same catering warehouse?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Hun next time you are in London try Claridges

http://www.claridges.co.uk/london-mayfair-afternoon-tea/

The VS one does look more presentable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls