Accor: recognition of guests

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up on the Ibis Amsterdam Mark, sounds like they have spent quite a bit on it. If I recall the lounge and bar area was not that big. When I stayed there last I had a room over looking the bike park.

I quite liked the Sofitel in Lisbon, quite contemporary I though, very friendly staff and good food in the resturant. The Dubai Deira City Centre is not up to the same standard as Lisbon or London (Pall Mall) or LHR T5, so would avoid that one as you would be disappointed.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Many Thanks.

Always request the Harbourside in Ibis Centrum, really is a stunning fresh great view especially in the summer months.

The Sofitel in Budapest is in a stunning location aside of the Chain Bridge. The Exec Lounge & floor is on the top, & always A-Club members get upgraded, & access to there. The Exec lounge is terrific a young friendly team, with excellent champagnes & wines, & any breakfast choice you wish, complimentary.

I tend to book a mid price / level room at these hotels, then being upgraded one level gives you the best in the hotel. This way there is a fair balance of revenue for the hotel, & you access the best they can offer, a win-win. Although this is space available, it tends to be booked for you well in advance i hear…and if you stay regularly, always.

Currently, 4 stays of say 2-3 nights, earns me an Euro 80 of vouchers, so along with all the other “when you stay” perks, i think they offer one of the best value hotel programs these days.

Accor have recently offer 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 offers, so have something like 14 nights at a significant 1/3rd – 50% off, even the lowest rates.
    Most groups tend to reserve these offers for he full or higher rates offering little reduction to the advance rates.
    So, good deals, excellent broad range in the group, & quite a contemporary style, compared to the larger Americanised groups.

bbbysky
    Participant

A-Club is by far the worst loyalty program I’ve ever had the misfortune to be part of.

Not crediting points (often), not recognizing status (very often), and even not recognizing program…they are guilty of all of the above.

I’m based in China and IBIS in China does not recognize A-Club.

I am A-Club Platinum and not only have I never been upgraded, just about every time I show my card at check-in I get looks ranging from “What the heck is this” to “So what” to not even a glance.

Customer service is a true joke.

I once submitted a claim for points for a stay when the program was still Sofitel Priveleges, and the A-Club rep asked me to write to Priveleges (which IS A-Club)!!!

Another time, the rep said my points couldn’t be credited because I have an outstanding balance. Of course, I have no such thing as I pay for my stays at checkout like everybody else; if I owe the hotel money I’m sure they wouldn’t have let me leave!

This is really a shame because I really do like most of the Sofitels I stay in and even the Novotels are very good.

But it’s evident Accor doesn’t value loyalty, so I’m going to have to go back to Starwood.

trusman
    Participant

I’m recently new to Accor a-club after being blown away by 2 stays in their property’s and so far i am fairly impressed? Seems im in disagreement to everyone else?

starflyer
    Participant

Not really, I have to agree that their luxury and upscale offerings are pretty good and make a nice change from the standard concrete boxes of Hilton, Marriott et all

NTarrant
    Participant

James – many of Accor properties are really good as is the service and food. Wait until you have issues of stays not being credited and the problems of getting the correct credit. Then you will know what we have been talking about.

I hope that you don’t experience the problems that I had.

Binman62
    Participant

Ntarrant… agree properties are generally good but a-club is pathetic.

Have just had 21 night stay but at no stage did anyone recognise or even comment on Gold card status.

Worse still when I got back not a single point and they have now refused to even consider it as it was a “corporate rate”. The difference in rates was about 10 euro a day on what was freely available on the web site.

So almost 6000 euros of expenditure and not a single point or night will count.

starflyer
    Participant

The points crediting is working much better these days in more than 95% of stays I have got them credited within 24h.

Binman62, corporate rates are eligible for A-Club points.
    T&Cs:

Eligible rates give Members the right to earn Program benefits. Eligible rates include all public, corporate and promotional rates with the exception of the following rates:

– Room rates for business or leisure group reservations (except if the hotel stay (including accommodation) is paid individually by the Member upon check-out), when rooms are reserved as part of a conference or organized trip, or a group account or an account that is paid for globally.

– Partner Rates.

– Crew room rates (airline, maritime and other companies).

– Room rates for Accor and partner company employees.

Binman62
    Participant

starflyer—-been there and got the tea shirt. Have been arguing the point for weeks and have now given up. Like you, assumed…. all public and coporate rate…were included as per your post. The get out for a club is the definitions they use for the exceptions. I have a SC number for a contract rate which one would assume is a corporate rate. Not according to a-club in this instance who say that it falls under business or leisure group reservation. I then pointed out that whilst it may have been it was paid for locally and by me so it should count. The response was that it was a matter for the hotel.
    It is really to much hassle for some points and retention of status and I will simply stay at other hotels. Would be simpler if hotels awarded points on the basis of actual spend.

NTarrant
    Participant

Too simple for A-Club Binman! Whilst you still argue with them in six months time they will tell you that you are out of time!

bbbysky
    Participant

Yes, their hotels are nice but reiterate that their loyalty program is atrocious. Emphasize with you binman62. Even if we argue and argue (which I have) and finally do get the points (which I didn’t), why does it have to be so hard? It is truly a distasteful experience.

amiller
    Participant

I agree! I tried to argue my way into getting my point as well. I had no such luck! Very disappointing. I tend to stay away from Accor hotels nowadays. I switched to just renting my own place when ever I’m away, works well for me. Maybe renting an apartment is also an alternative for you.

donatello
    Participant

Oh! I agree. It’s always such a hustle to deal with Accor. I had two experiences with them and definetely won’t be coming back… I had to search for other lisbon hotels around and found this one called Inspira Santa Marta. My experience has been pleasant and stress-free. I think that maybe renting an apartment could be a good solution but for me only when I go with a group.

Deleted User
    Participant

I do stay at Accor hotels now and again, but it is such a hassle to ensure the points are correctly awarded that I gave up a long time ago.

NTarrant
    Participant

It is such a shame they don’t have an A-Club service centre based in the UK for member problems and getting points credited. I probably would have stayed loyal to them had it been easier to get things sorted out.

I last stayed in an Accor establishment in September and I have never had the points added to my account and have never bothered. Hilton, ICHotels and Radisson get my business first now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls