AA’s Awesome A321

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• Anonymous

LeTigre
    Participant

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-partner-american-airlines-to-offer-new-seats-on-us-flights

The interiors of the new transcontinental aircraft that will operate on the east to west coast are to be fitted with an interior design and seating specification that reads like a dream.

It includes:
    CX New Biz (AA First on A321) in 1–1 layout
    Qatar New 787 Biz (AA Biz on A321) in 2–2 layout
    Lufthansa-ish New Slim Economy (AA Main Cabin on A321) in 3–3 layout

This interior beats their long-haul stuff anyday!

What’s taken so long?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Excellent. I hope the travellers will use the offered comfort, meaning, buy enough tickets.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The wonders of Chapter 11!

This is great news, though it’s not clear to me when these aircraft will be in service?

We’re just writing up a piece with images of the new seats, but the release states that AA intends to take delivery of the new A321 aircraft “beginning in November 2013 through 2014”.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

I hope its not the slim LH ones from the Euro fleet that AA are putting into economy. They aren’t very comfy at all…

VintageKrug
    Participant

An excellent video setting out AA’s new aircraft here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/newplanes.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=newplanes

I’m looking forward to becoming a customer again, once their more venerable Flight Attendants are retired.

VectorOne
    Participant

I have to disagree with the implied ageism of the “venerable” comment.
    The cabin crew on my most recent AA flight were absolutely brilliant. It was my first time in years flying AA and I have to say that I could not have felt more welcome and comfortable on a flight. Most importantly the service was seamless, particularly on the return trip when I wanted to sleep, and dinner was served quickly, correctly, and quietly.

So I think that age is an artificial and somewhat sexist construct. Professionalism is what matters, and the AA crew definitely had it. Now that I’ve renewed my acquaintance with AA I will definitely be back.

767prisoner
    Participant

I travel a lot domestically in the US on AA and around the Caribbean. They are well ahead of the competition now with their new 737s and refurbished 757s. The new Miami terminal D, the new (well recent) JFK, the refurbished La Guardia and SFO and DFW are all bright, clean and modern and an age away from what they were. There’s free boozeand wifi and showers at the Admirals Clubs now tooI’ve never had any issues with flight crew and 9 times out of 10 they are friendly and helpful. The only thing I would change about American is their universally awful food in domestic first and international short haul business. Long haul and trans con is fine but otherwise it’s pretty poor. No doubt this is next on the list of things to do – as well as resisting a US merger which I think would be awful for AA and would result in the product being considerably wound back.

Bruce98
    Participant

“So I think that age is an artificial and somewhat sexist construct. Professionalism is what matters, and the AA crew definitely had it. Now that I’ve renewed my acquaintance with AA I will definitely be back.”

Pleased to hear you had a good flight.

Please note that this poster has made comments based on age prejudice before.

I have never noticed that age is a factor in good service, you get some great young crew and some great senior crew and poor crew in both categories.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Last time I was in Domestic F on AA (I prefer United domestically) I had some awful pizza-type thing. Felt like I was giving birth the next day. Not recommended.

767prisoner
    Participant

United grub was better but not flown on them for 2 or 3 years. AA ‘s reconstituted chicken salad and plastic burritos need a refresh. Their burgers from last year had every chance of being dire but were actually surprisingly very good. Looking foward to my BA curries in a few weeks.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am surprised though they are maintaining business AND first on domestic flights…

Shearer
    Participant

The video looks great, and for the first name I think AA looks aspirational.
    Wonder what inspired the colour of lighting in the 777-300 🙂

On internal American flights are they not always upgrading everyone to First anyway? The video looks like a step change in quality but who will pay for it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls