10 Things I Dislike in Airport Lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)

• openfly
    Participant

@LP. It’s a brilliant device. You can cause havoc. Watched a guy in a cafe change the channel on the TV so he could watch what he wanted and also adjusted the volume! Really p….d off the other customers.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Typical of youngsters Ian. They read the headlines but not the whole story. It works through a wifi network, otherwise you need to buy an add -on! Must buy one straight away, hope they sell them in Lugano.

Openfly, sounds fun. I can picture being in a bar in South Africa full of Afrikaners watching the rugby as I then change the channel to Eastenders. Eeesh!!!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ LuganoPirate – 08/04/2014 14:01 GMT

+1 The scope for mayhem is almost too tempting….

dsatrio
    Participant

* lounge that smells like food, and the smell stick on your clothes and follow you to the plane and the entire 14-hour journey
    * lounge that serves pre-packaged food (e.g. cup-a-noodle or packaged sponge cake). And they call the lounge a Premium Lounge (!) Check out SQ’s lounge in SIN or any of CX’s lounge in HKG; they have cooks preparing food for you on order..
    * seat or couch-hog: people who insist they deserve to spread out and take extra seats or the entire sofa, just because, while the lounge is full to the brim
    * warm food that’s not warm at all
    * parents changing their kids’ diaper IN the lounge.. ok, your kid is cute, adorable and all, but when their poo still smell awful. Go to the toilet, for goodness sake!

openfly
    Participant

@LP The guy changed the channel from BBC World to CNN….disgraceful!!

Of course the great thing with the TV control APP is that nobody knows who is doing it, as its on a mobile phone etc….Hehe

LuganoPirate
    Participant

He should be tried for treason Openfly!

Ian, it seems the TV-b-gone is no longer made. Shame as I fancied creating a bit of mayhem 😉

LondonViking
    Participant

Hey OpenFly – The Brits are just as loud and obnoxious as the Italians and Americans. Eric! We’re off to Benidorm!

openfly
    Participant

@LondonViking…..after my experience in the T5 First lounge yesterday, you are totally correct!

openfly
    Participant

@Ian-from-HKG…..fantastic and only £2….got to get one…thanks.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Came across this link which repeats some of the points made here.

http://www.escapehere.com/inspiration/12-most-annoying-things-travelers-do-in-airports/

Would be interested to hear forum members confessing to which one of these sins they have committed or come close to doing so. For me, it’s probably #10.

David
    Participant

74. Wine that is only available from soda fountain dispensers.

75. Any US premium lounge (how an airline can call offers of filter coffee in a plastic cup and small inflight pretzel bags a ‘premium’ product is beyond me), save the small AA First Class lounge at ORD (always good for peeled jumbo shrimp and a nice bottle of cold Sam Adams or Corona).

LP and Rferg, I’m surprised to read your comments about the J vs. F. Qatar Airways lounge in Doha (unless you were referring to the non-premium terminal?).

I’ve found the F lounge (premium terminal) superior in everyway to that of its J neighbour next door. From the Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame bubbles (3 times the price of the – still excellent – offer of yellow label Veuve Cliquot found in J), to the 2nd to 5th French classified growths that are many times found to be at hand.

Between flights (with weighty meals) I too like the excellent sushi on offer. Lastly, while I’ve found the J lounge heaving with humanity at certain times of the day/night (usually its early morning), the F lounge has always proved to be an oasis of calm.

HongKongLady
    Participant

A lack of champagne and uncomfortable seats. Oh and sorry, I think I am a seat hogger, Opps will try better. But I appreciate personal space.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Home@FL350 – surprised to read your comment about the AA F lounge at ORD which I thought was very mediocre – see my review at http://seatplans.businesstraveller.com/airlines/American-Airlines/classes/First-1-12/user-reviews#comment_id_7272

David
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG;

a great review and I can’t contradict your comments to any great extent on the AA First Class Lounge in ORD. I guess my comments were more in a comparative sense, given most of my other experiences in the US have been such a let-down. Shrimp and a ‘premium’ beer – in the American vernacular – seemed pretty good.

Now if we start to compare AA’s First Class lounge with say, Qantas’ First Lounge in SYD, or BA’s First or Concorde in London, then we’re talking two separate universes…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls