10 Things I Dislike in Airport Lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

41. not enough departure boards in the lounge – should be plenty more so its easy to see

42. Having to schlep past loads of shops to get into a lounge

43. Sometimes having to leave a lounge after enjoying delicious food and ample scotch.. (hic hic) – with regards to (38), blame the airline for the ample supplies

44. long walks from lounge to gate; airlines should note which flights their premium passengers are using and move the aircraft nearer.. 🙂

45. Not enough arrival lounges to enjoy airline hospitality

Happy weekend all and safe travels LP

rferguson
    Participant

46. When an airlines J lounge is better than it’s F one (Qatar @ DOH)

47. People that make themselves a little too relaxed – shoes off, laying down on a sofa, feet against the wall.

48. When there is no ‘proper’ coffee machine (AA everywhere in the US – just those big flasks).

49. When airlines offer tantalising lounge treats like massages and facials but unless you book six months in advance they can only fit you in for 15 minutes on the massaging chair.

50. Wifi that you have to re-log into everytime your phone/tablet is inactive for just a few minutes.

fatbear
    Participant

51. Being expected to leave a tip when get a drink
    52. Having to leave the lounge to go to the gents
    53. The scrum when new servings of hot food arrive
    54. No milk for tea, only UHT cream

PatJordan
    Participant

Agree with 51!

55: DYKWIAs ignoring “Quiet Zone” signs and yapping into their phones

56: Lounge staff who refuse to deal with 55.

canucklad, I hope you recovered from your Effes experience!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well I got back to find my Sky is not working. Disaster, so many Corries not recorded!

I noticed that today Rferguson. I was quite surprised. I thought it was an extension of the business lounge but had some free seats. Soon found out it wasn’t!

57. When someone sits in the smoking lounge for 2 hours, then has the seat next to you in the plane! Smell was awful. Luckily two other seats were unoccupied and he moved.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

58 – People who think it’s acceptable to place their luggage on the seat when there is little or no room to sit.
    59 – The same people who glare at you when you ask “is this chair taken”?
    60 – those who think the lounge is their personal office & talk loudly into mobile phones when others are trying to work or relax
    61 – People who stuff their bag full of “free” sweets or other goodies

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

62 – people (normally in pairs) who take over the whole corner settee area which is designed to sit, maybe, 10 people
    63 – people who don’t say thanks to the cleaners/waiters – rude

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

64. People who stink of B.O and sit next to you – shower, deodorant, clean clothes, what´s the problem?

65. People who haven´t brushed their teeth after a long haul and decide to breathe on you (its worse first thing in the morning when you have arrived fresh and clean at the airport for your first flight of the day!)

LP – Not much has happened apart from Peter dumped Tina and Carla is pregnant – yawn yawn

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Almost forgot:

66 – When you go to the bar to try a JW Blue to find there is none available as MartynSinclair drank the whole bottle!!

67. Free booze aside, reaching the conclusion you would have been happier in McDonald’s.

ReggieHo
    Participant

68. Congealed mystery “hot trays” that don’t seem to match the description cards

LuganoPirate
    Participant

FirstClass – you should have preceded that with a “Spoiler” warning 😉

esselle
    Participant

69 People who remove their shoes, then walk up and down yelling into their phone.

openfly
    Participant

@Esselle…..Yes Yes Yes…..and it’s usually one our transatlantic friends shouting to their friends in LA, walking up and down so that everybody in the lounge has to endure the endless horrific noise! Our Italian friends are almost as bad…….

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Last week in the BA 1st lounge at LHR, I actually had a guy (British), answer his phone (wearing earphones), get up from his seat, leave the area he was seated and march up & down directly in front of me (in the quiet section of the lounge) whilst talking louder than necessary.
    I motioned to him after a few minutes and said “Do you mind!” – glad to say he moved away

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls