10 Things I Dislike in Airport Lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

FCW – promise to make sure I don’t finish the bottle of blue next Friday lunchtime….

MarkCymru
    Participant

70. People who make Skype calls without earphones so everyone in the lounge gets to hear the cretinous family members and moronic children at the other end

esselle
    Participant

MarkCymru

So right! Had it recently in the EK lounge at MAN. Elderly couple Facetiming their grandchildren on their iPad. Full volume. for a long time.

No shame.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

P A R D O N, cant quite heeeaaaarrr uuuuuuuuuu

SenatorGold
    Participant

71. When seating is at a premium, people who hog a seat with items of clothing and/or luggage and the disappear never to be seen again.
    72. The volume on the TV is turned up, no one’s watching it and the remote control is nowhere to be found.

SenatorGold
    Participant

73. Going barefooted in the lounge – whether seated or walking.

travelworld2
    Participant

74. Washbasins where the airline has gone to the trouble of putting up signs saying “caution-VERY hot water”- and it’s so hot to be scalding-instead of turning the thermostat down.

75. Any US airlines’ lounge in the US…

SunflowerWishes
    Participant

76 – The unappealing and limited vending machine options

SenatorGold
    Participant

77. People who place their wheeled luggage on the furniture – worst of all on dining tables.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ seasonedtraveller – 04/04/2014 22:29 GMT +1

If only all other travellers had such a sense of proportion and appropriate behaviour.

Otherwise, having to track down the lounge dragon (who, incidentally is actually running another airport kiosk) to be allowed in only then to discover that the facilities at said kiosk were better than the shoe cupboard to which one has just obtained access. I can think of several in this category.

Daytripper
    Participant

78. Where cheese (and nothing more) is the height of the culinary experience
    79. Where all charger points and plug sockets are broken
    80. Where the only free reading material is obscure magazines clearly given to the lounge free for promo
    81. Where the public computers in the business zone are hijacked for hours at a time by people aimlessly gazing at nothing on the internet
    82. Where the only alcoholic drinks are served by a barman, preventing one from making a drink to one’s personal spec

IanFromHKG
    Participant

SenatorGold – 05/04/2014 18:48 GMT : 72. The volume on the TV is turned up, no one’s watching it and the remote control is nowhere to be found.

I know just the thing for you. They became quite the rage here when buses introduced VERY LOUD onboard TVs : http://www.amazon.com/TV-B-Gone-Universal-Keychain-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0006GD9CE

I would add to your point 72 TVs showing content which is inappropriate for minors

LuganoPirate
    Participant

73. When there’s a good cricket match on and the TV’s tuned to some repeat of some football match that no-ones watching anyway!

On some TV’s I’ve discovered how to change channels manually which I’ve done and no one has protested about it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just learnt from my son you can get a universal TV remote app for your Android phone. Now that could be fun as two DYKWIA’s battle over watching Coronation Street or CNBC 😉

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Wouldn’t you need some extra hardware, LP? So far as I am aware, most phones don’t come with infrared transmitters.

There are add-ons for the iPhone which plug into the headphone jack (as a power and signal source) which can turn it into an infrared transmitter, but I don’t know of any phone which has that built in. And if you have to buy extra tech to work it with a phone, I would be inclined just to stick with the $2.99 TV-B-Gone!

The advantage of the TV-B-Gone, as well, is that it doesn’t have to be set for a particular TV – it just scrolls through a couple of hundred signals until the TV responds.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls