Lufthansa has added several routes to its London schedules in the coming months, aimed at travellers wanting to attend Munich’s Oktoberfest or head to skiing resorts.
The carrier will operate 11 special services between Stansted and Munich, running from 15 September to 1 October to coincide with the city’s popular Oktoberfest.
Schedules are as follows:
- LH2494 departs Munich at 1805, arriving into Stansted at 1905 (Thursday to Sunday)
- LH2495 departs Stansted at 1955, arriving into Munich at 2245 (Thursday to Sunday)
Fares start from £129 return, and are now on sale.
Further ahead Lufthansa will launch two routes from London Heathrow to Salzburg in Austria and Friedrichshafen in Germany, providing access to skiing destinations.
Flights will operate between 16 December, 2023, and 30 March, 2024, as follows:
Heathrow-Salzburg (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Departs Heathrow at 1110, arriving into Salzburg at 1320
- Departs Salzburg at 1455, arriving into Heathrow at 1705
Heathrow – Friedrichshafen (Saturdays)
- Departs Heathrow at 1350, arriving into Friedrichshafen at 1540
- Departs Friedrichshafen at 1740, arriving into Heathrow at 1935
British Airways also operates seasonal flights between Heathrow and Salzburg, while easyJet offers seasonal services between Gatwick and Friedrichshafen.