Accor has launched its latest collection brand, aimed at independent hotels in the midscale segment.
Handwritten Collection will join the group’s luxury Emblem Collection which launched in 2019, and the established upper upscale M Gallery Collection.
Unveiling the new brand Accor described it as “a global portfolio of charming bespoke hotels that offer an intimate and stylish hospitality experience”.
A total of 12 hotels have been signed up at launch, which will either open or convert to the brand throughout 2023, and the group said it had leads for 110 Handwritten properties totalling more than 11,500 rooms, which the aim of growing the brand to 250 hotels by 2030.
It is envisaged that the majority of properties joining the brand will be conversions rather than new-builds, with Accor stating that the brand’s standards “are designed to be flexible, light, and easy to attain”.
The hotels so far confirmed for the collection (as well as unnamed properties in Bucharest and Madrid) are:
- Hotel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental, Handwritten Collection in Shanghai, China
- Le Saint Gervais Hotel and Spa, Handwritten Collection in Saint Gervais, France
- Wonil Hotel Perth, Handwritten Collection in Perth, Australia
- Hotel Morris, Handwritten Collection in Sydney, Australia
- Le Splendid Hotel Lac d’Annecy, Handwritten Collection in Annecy, France
- Hotel Les Capitouls Toulouse Centre, France
- Oru Hub Hotel, Handwritten Collection in Tallinn, Estonia
- Square Lodge Hotel La Roche sur Yon, Handwritten Collection in La Roche-sur-Yon, France
- Sunrise Premium Resort, Handwritten Collection in Hoi An, Vietnam
- Paris Montmartre Sacré Coeur, Handwritten Collection in Paris
Camil Yazbeck, global chief development officer, Premium, Midscale, Economy, Accor, said that independent hotels were “increasingly seeking the strength of Accor’s powerful sales, distribution and loyalty platform to increase their revenue and assist them in optimizing their costs, whilst retaining their own distinctive personality and offering a highly qualitative product, service and experience”.
Meanwhile Alex Schellenberger, chief marketing officer, Premium, Midscale, Economy Brands, Accor, commented:
“Handwritten Collection enriches Accor’s offering in the ‘collection brands’ segment with a curated selection of hotels that exhibit charming and one-of-a-kind concepts.
“Our aim, beyond delivering a truly authentic guest experience, is to support the growing number of independent and boutique hotel owners looking to boost their global profile, connect with more audiences and grow their revenue without losing their identity.
“The hotels we will feature in Handwritten Collection are those sought out by travelers who appreciate heartwarming travel experiences and a twist on traditional hospitality, as well as by hoteliers who cherish the unique personality of their properties while desiring the benefits that come with a leading global partner.”