Marriott International has signed an agreement with Japanese real estate developer, Sekisui House, to open 11 new Fairfield by Marriott hotels across five Japan prefectures – Hokkaido, Hyogo, Okayama, Hiroshima and Kagoshima.
Ranging in size around 50 to 100 rooms, each hotel takes inspiration from its surroundings, and is accentuated by renowned Japanese hospitality. These hotels are slated to open by late 2022.
Commenting on the development, Paul Foskey, chief development officer, Asia Pacific, Marriott International said:
“We are pleased to work with Sekisui House in adding 11 new Fairfield by Marriott hotels to the Michi-no-Eki development project and growing our select-service portfolio.
“Marriott International has a longstanding relationship with Sekisui House and we look forward to increasing access to Japan’s travel destinations outside of major metropolitan areas.”
The agreement expands the collaboration with Sekisui House for the Michi-no-Eki project, adding on to the 15 Fairfield by Marriott hotels signed in 2018.
Marriott International provided a list of new hotels:
- Fairfield by Marriott Hokkaido Eniwa with 101 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Hokkaido Naganuma with 72 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Hokkaido Minamifurano with 72 rooms
Sera in Hiroshima
- Fairfield by Marriott Hiroshima Sera with 78 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Kagoshima Tarumizu with 96 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Kagoshima Osumi with 51 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Okayama Hiruzen with 96 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Okayama Tsuyama with 75 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Hyogo Minamiawaji with 99 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Hyogo Kannabe with 73 rooms
- Fairfield by Marriott Hyogo Yabu with 87 rooms