Serviced accommodation provider Saco has announced plans for six new properties to open by 2020.
They include the group’s first operated and managed properties outside of the UK, in Amsterdam and Dublin.
Three properties will also be added in London, along with one in Manchester.
The additions will be marketed across several of Saco’s brand, as follows:
- A 34-unit Saco Serviced Apartment in London’s Fitzrovia, set to open in April
- A 114-unit Saco Aparthotel in Amsterdam, scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2017
- A 150-unit Locke Aparthotel in Manchester, scheduled to open in first half of 2018
- A 27-unit Saco Serviced Apartment in London’s Moorgate, slated to open in 2018
- A 104-unit annexe to the existing Leman Locke in London’s Aldgate district, scheduled for mid-2019
- A 146-unit Locke Aparthotel on the banks of Dublin’s River Liffey, due to open in late 2019
Saco said it had chosen the locations as “they are all in major UK and European hub cities which attract an ideal mix of transient business traveller stays, extended stays and demand from leisure travellers, all boosted by growing demand from a number of key sectors including tech, media and creative”.
A seventh new property is also set to be announced shortly, which along with the six above will almost double Saco’s footprint of managed units to 1,885.
Commenting on the plans Stephen Hanton, CEO Commercial of SACO, said:
“Our expansion reflects the marked and ongoing shift in consumer demand from traditional hotels to stays at serviced accommodation properties that allow greater flexibility, and more opportunities for social engagement with fellow guests and the surrounding community.”
The group launched the design-led Locke brand last year, with the first property situated on Leman Street in London’s Aldgate (pictured above).
Eden Locke – located on George Street in Edinburgh – will open in June and is now open for reservations. The property features 72 studios and suites, some with access to shared enclosed outdoor terraces, as well as Hyde and Son – a lobby bar and coffee lounge.