New British Airways Club World service and White Company bedding

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Aren’t there more important things in life than a duvet on a plane?

There are for me, as I don’t use the duvet – but, if that’s what floats your boat, then why not?

It’s wise to remember that a healthy society allows people to express their views, even if others disagree with them. (Unless they are unlawful, obviously, but there is no Bedding Hate Crime legislation that I am aware of).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Any news on Club World modifications, development. My brother recently took home the new blanket, in his opinion makes a perfect bedding for his pet dog.

I do wonder though when BA are finally going to announce a new modified club world seat, to replace the archaic current version… Is there any other major airline, besides Virgin, that haven’t provided an updated business class seat for so many years…?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As far as the White Company bedding is concerned (and Australia)…

British Airways is bringing its White Company amenities to Australia

travelworld2
    Participant

I’m flying to/from Toronto next month. Has it (and the new meal service) yet reached there?

rferguson
    Participant

Travelworld YYZ has the new dining but not the new bedding.

travelworld2
    Participant

Many thanks rferguson!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@RF – are you able to report for HKG route in May.? Will it be the new full service?

Nogbad01
    Participant

I too am off to HKG in May, but not even the new meals and linen have managed to convince me to spend 11 hours in club. So seeing that I already have my tier points in the bag for this year, I will be neglecting my usual Finnair route and trying Emirates for the first time (and that for a third of the price of BA, AND I can use their limmo service and save on car parking!).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Nogbd01 – fancy comparing prices?

rferguson
    Participant

Martyn the HKG has both the new catering and bedding.

This is how the rollout has progressed so far:

Routes with new catering/dining: LHR-JFK, ORD, EWR, IAD, BOS, PHL, BWI, DXB, YUL, YYZ, HKG, SFO, SAN, LAX, SJC, PHX, LAS, SEZ. From APR: IAH, MIA, DFW, MSY.

Routes with new bedding: LCY/LHR-JFK, BOS, EWR, ATL, MEX, DXB, HKG, IAD, IAH, KWI, LAX, JNB, PHL, RUH, SAN, SEA, SFO, SJC, LAS, PHX, MIA, DEN, YVR, CPT, ACC, NBO, DFW, DEL, BOM, HND, NRT, BAH, MCT, GIG, GRU, PEK, LOS, LAD, PVG, SEZ.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@RF, many thanks.

On the basis it is taking over 18 months to change bedding and cutlery across club world fleet, i wonder how many years it will take to change the fleet to the new seat, when eventually a decision is made.

K1ngston
    Participant

rferguson thank you for that insight, what I dont see is any changes on the SIN route on both the 777 and 380 service, is this not regarded or deemed worthy as one of the longer sectors or is it already done??

Thanks 🙂

Nogbad01
    Participant

Hi Martyn
    Emirates cost me £ 2,400 Manchester – Hon kong return in business. BA wanted £ 6,800.
    That was based on booking this Monday for flights on the 14th May, returning 17th.
    Finnair were about the same cost, but I thought I would use the opportunity to try Emirates.

rferguson
    Participant

Martynsinclair I dread to think. I guess it depends on how many of the existing aircraft will be retro fitted (the current rumours being everything from ALL to NONE).

K1ngston – Totally agree with you re the longer routes. And i’ve no idea why it’s the case. I know the priority was the US gateways as one element in priority was revenue by destination port. But as you say I would have expected SIN to be a ‘flagship’ route. It’s the same with SCL (the longest flight BA operates) and EZE (the second longest).

This article hints as to when the SIN route will get the new bedding and catering:
    https://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-brings-new-business-class-meals-and-bedding-to-singapore-sydney

MartynSinclair
    Participant

AMS-LHR-HKG (all on BA) – HKG-BKK (CX) and the return + LHR-AMS-LHR (avios) came to £1687 + 36,000 avios allowing me 8 to 9 European sectors (zone 1)

I know this kind of route wont suit everyone, but it suits me (and my travel budget) just fine…

@RF – thanks as always for your information.. I wonder if the new bedding will help me sleep even longer than my usual 7 hours in CW 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls