New British Airways Club World service and White Company bedding

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

This is good news, and credit to BA for finally ditching Gate Gourmet, however tinged with a bit of sadness and regret to those people who will inevitably lose their low paid jobs.

However , I do wonder how long it will take Do&Co to buckle under the financial pressures BA will inevitably place on them, that will ultimately lead to a slicing and dicing (no apologies for the pun) of the quality people on the JFK route have come to accept as standard.

My assumption is based on the simple premise that small scale quality control is manageable. Multiply that cost factor by 100+ and I’m sure BA’s penny pinching brigade will apply the same constraints on Do&Co as they do with their current outsource partner.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

Henryp1
    Participant

Very good news and looking forward to the full rollout. If other carriers can maintain a good standard of catering across their routes, BA should also be able to do so.

My expectations of any airline does not exceed good for a standard, as this is only a small part of my journey.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Flyboy18
    Participant

Why can’t you just look at this as a positive?

Instead of the constant BA put downs.

We all know BA have issues and problems but when they do something positive, just give them credit or how about not posting at all?

8 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Give a dog a bad name …… BA has a stinking reputation after too many epic failures and they will have to work hard to recover.

This is too little too late, or as I said earlier, rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It is not on detail that they will be able to restore confidence, but by a major change in attitude and policy. They could start by handing Sr. Cruz his P45 as he epitomises all that is wrong with the airline.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, let’s face it, it cannot really be worse than what we get nowadays (no intent to undermine the destruction capability of the Spanish management). So let’s give it a chance…

2 users thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Flyboy18

I’d love the management at BA to understand a couple of basic principles of delivering a memorable positive customer service , that encourages customers to become advocates.

!) Passengers are not the most important people in your organization – Your people are, especially customer facing people !!

2) Attention to detail- small things make a huge difference, and as per point 1, if you have disenfranchised staff, they’ll let the small things slip ……. We, as fare paying customers won’t !!

3) Those small things cost little. I remember with fondness , TK’s smiling cabin crew welcoming everybody on board , whilst the aircraft taxied with Pieces of Turkish Delight, and that was in Y .

I also remember CX’s penny pinching over their pepper sachets, you have to ask for pepper!!

My point is, BA should be applauded as they seek to deliver a, better quality meal , but that will come at a price.

Do&Co management are under the same financial constraints that Gate Gourmet will be under. Can they sustain that pressure , time will tell?

6 users thanked author for this post.

DavidArnold
    Participant

I too applaud the decision to improve catering aboard CW and hope like Canucklad it is mutually beneficial and cost effective.

I have enioyed the White Company bedding and food service on the JFK route and hope that if an improvement across the fleet means less negative comments by gjose who feel that BA is a bad service.

I honestly enjoy the flights l take with BA in CW and First and hope this continues but l must be lucky in not noticing the things some people write about or am l just a passenger who enjoys the service without the need to moan or pontificate.

I agree some carriers are better such as Qatar and Etihad for me travelling to the ME but they are always more expensive so l am personally happy with the all round service l receive.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I am aware in the minority here, but I’m a big fan of BA’s CW Asian/Hindu vegetarian. I hope DoCo don’t screw or up!

nevereconomy
    Participant

Just saw some passenger pictures of new CE meals and they look very promising…

capetonianm
    Participant

I hope you’re right because my wife will have the pleasure of that in a couple of weeks time on a flight to South Africa and I shall post her comments. On the other hand she is not as critical as I am which is why I’m flying on Swiss.

rferguson
    Participant

So it’s all change again.

After investing god only knows how much in the Club World ‘display trolleys’ and the associated equipment (wine bowls, wine carriers, etarges) BA have decided the new Club World service isn’t really working and is instead adopting a hand run service from Oct 28.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I have to say I’m glad. It was so slow! (No fault of the flight attendants…)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Pity BA don’t realise Club World needs a total refit….

Why on earth are they worrying about the trolleys……

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Cue talk of deckchairs etc…! 🙂

openfly
    Participant

I feel sorry for the poor work experience kid that designed and implemented the CW trollies. To have his idea trashed so quickly will knock his confidence, again. I am sure they will find the kid a job somewhere in BA senior management.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls