Travellers using the Heathrow and Gatwick Express services should be aware of weekend disruption over the next couple of months.
From April 2 until May 28, the Heathrow Express will run a half hourly service on Saturdays (instead of the normal every-15-minutes frequency), to allow for Crossrail improvement works.
The exceptions are Saturday April 9 and 16, and May 21, when a full service will be available.
In addition travellers should note that the Bakerloo Underground line will not stop at Paddington (the London terminus for the Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect services) between April 2 and mid-August.
Transport for London says this is due to improvement works to boost capacity, renew escalators and "construct a new passenger tunnel in preparation for the arrival of Crossrail" at the station.
Meanwhile the Gatwick Express faces disruption during April and May as follows:
- No service between 0010 on Sunday April 3 and 0400 on Monday April 4
- Amended service on Saturday April 9 and Sunday April 10
- Amended service on Sunday April 17
- Amended service on Sunday April 24
- No service from Saturday April 30 until 0400 on Tuesday May 3
- Amended service on Sunday May 8
- Amended service from 0100 on Sunday May 22 until 0400 on Monday May 23
Full details of the amended Gatwick Express services can be seen here.