British Airways and Easyjet have cancelled all flights from the UK to Sharm el Sheikh until January.
BA will not operate services up to and including January 14, while Easyjet will not fly to the Egyptian city until January 6.
Both airlines said their decisions were taken after consulation with the UK government.
On October 31, a Russian charter aircraft was destroyed by a bomb shortly after leaving Sharm el Sheikh airport, killing 224 people.
Leisure-based airlines Thomson, Thomas Cook and Monarch have all cancelled flights until December 9, 10 and 19 respectively.
Easyjet said in a statement: “To help provide some certainty for passengers over the Christmas period, Easyjet will be cancelling all flights to and from Sharm el Sheikh until January 6 and offering our passengers the choice of a full refund, a flight voucher or a flight to another destination within the Easyjet network.”
British Airways said: “The safety and security of our customers will continue to be our top priorities in any decisions we may make.”
Earlier this month, Easyjet CEO Carolyn McCall warned that security needs to be stepped up at some airports around the world (see news, November 10).