Starwood Hotels and Resorts has introduced a new premium Sheraton Grand brand.
The top tier will be added to 50 Sheraton hotels, both existing and new builds, by the end of this year and to 100 by early 2017.
Sheraton Grand is “a new premier tier that recognises exceptional Sheraton hotels and resorts for their enticing destinations, distinguished designs, and excellence in service and guest experiences”, Starwood said.
Flag: The roof of the rebranded Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai
The first ten properties to join the brand are:
- Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel – Brigade Gateway
- Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai
- Sheraton Grand Edinburgh Hotel (reviewed here)
- Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort
- Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
- Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel
- Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
- Sheraton Grande Walkerhill
(Presumably the “Grand” tier also includes the “Grande” spelling, or the exterior of these properties might be losing an “e” sometime soon.)
Dave Marr, Sheraton Hotels and Resorts’ global brand leader, said: “We expect many of our Sheraton hotels to achieve the Sheraton Grand designation, and we will work with our owners to open new Sheraton Grand hotels or renovate existing properties to ensure a consistent and exceptional experience in our new premier tier.”