Emirates has launched its official app for the iPad. The new mobile application is now available for download through the global App Store.
According to the carrier, the development of the app – the very first on any mobile platform by the airline – was due to the growing number of visitors using their iPads and mobile devices to access its official website.
“In some markets, we already see about 20 per cent of visitors to emirates.com using iPads, and our customers are increasingly using their iPads and mobile devices to book and manage their travel,” said Patrick Brannelly, Emirates’ vice president, corporate communications, marketing and brand, product, publishing, digital and events.
Emirates has also announced that it is working to make the app available for both the iPhone and Android devices in the coming months.
The Emirates app allows customers to manage their bookings on the go. They can book flights to any of the carrier’s 140 plus destinations on six continents, select seats and meals, and manage their Emirates Skywards frequent flyer accounts directly from their iPads.
With the app, Emirates passengers may also:
- Download their boarding pass directly onto their iPad, send it to their phone via SMS or email it to themselves.
- Access Emirates’ “Live Flights” map to view the exact position of any of the airline’s flights and track its status.
- Learn more about Emirates’ in-flight products – from the inflight entertainment and dining to the signature A380 onboard lounge and shower spa.
- Book complimentary chauffeur-drive service, available to first class and business class travellers, and find out more the airline’s lounges around the world
- Explore over 130 destinations with quick and handy guides.
- Register for Emirates Skywards membership.