You know you travel too much when …..

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m lying in bed having contracted Ebola Sunday afternoon and convinced I’ll die in the next few days! Mrs. LP tells me not to exaggerate and it’s just a chill I’ve caught from not wearing a fleece while in the boat looking at the Whales.

Well here I am, in my Swiss F bed, a turbulent flight has woken me up and the cabin is so hot I’m drenched in sweat. Unsteadily, I make my way to the bathroom and am surprised that instead of a curtain there’s a solid wall. After a few,moments I realise I’m at home and been dreaming.

If that’s not a sign of traveling too much, then I don’t know what is!

Charles-P
    Participant

Just enjoyed a two week holiday with Mrs P and had to force myself to move from ‘business’ hotel user to ‘leisure’ hotel user. Things pointed out by my wife include:

Setting up laptop as soon as entering room.
    Taking ipad to breakfast
    Not unpacking washbag
    Laying out clothes for next day
    Getting up a 0600

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Hueyjudy + 1 can relate to that. After returning to my home airport I jumped in a Taxi for home. On arrival my initial fear was someone had stolen my car from the drive.
    Then you have that embarrassing conversation with the Taxi driver, asking him to take you back to the airport, where I left my car in the long stay car park. Doh !

Ahmad
    Participant

Nice one LP. You frightened the daylight out of me for a few seconds, until I realized what you were actually conveying.

jsn55
    Participant

This beats mine by a mile, G&T! Although here in CA you could have avoided the conversation with the taxi driver, as few of them speak english.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – do you turn left when you enter your house?… may explain the F dreams…..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Funnily enough, now you mention it Martyn, I do. Both in Switzerland and South Africa. I really do travel too much!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Oh, unless I’m heading to the galley, in which case it’s a right turn on entering…..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – I no longer trip to the galley. Just removed my office and altered it to a “man cave”….

I insist the Galley comes to me….. strange, so far I’ve remained quite hungry………… no food has yet arrived!! :((

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Just to say this is one of the more entertaining threads I’ve read here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls