You know you travel too much when …..

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

• BAfanatic
    Participant

That’s a really amusing list, I enjoyed it.

My addition…

You know you travel too much when –

You hate all airports and travellers with a vengeance.

(I don’t sound like a grumpy old man, do I?!?!)

PS I used to enjoy flying, once.

canucklad
    Participant

Just back from breakfast in my company “restaurant”
    Decided to have poached egg on toast…..

Standing at the toaster I placed a butter pat on top to make it spreadable…
    Woman behind me says, “You’ve clearly spent too long living in hotels”!

Ahmad
    Participant

That’s a good one Canucklad.

LadyLlondon
    Participant

Oh dear. I think I ticked most of those boxes.

But the real elite now is private jet flying.

LGPPRES
    Participant

when you get up in the middle of he night to use the bathroom and find that its shifted to a different part of the room; then you remember it was a different hotel in a different country
    or get up in the morning and have no idea which country or city you are in

….when you start having nightmares 2 weeks before your next one.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

When you find yourself logging into this forum every day………….

jsn55
    Participant

Gadzooks, LP, I thought everyone knew all these numbers, in addition to the codes for hundreds of airports. Don’t consider yourself sad, but rather overly-intelligent. I purchased a little plug-in nightlight a couple of years ago for those mid-night trips to the loo. And I’ve definitely learned to lay back a few minutes on awakening and reinforce my location. Still love flying, maybe because I control the timing of it all.

canucklad
    Participant

Different take on life in your room..……

A) How does this remote f****n control work?
    B) Table Lamp light switch F******** ?
    C) Middle of the night Piss, toilet where are you?
    D) What’s happened to the kettle?
    E) Where’s the room service button on this damn phone?
    F) Looking for a Wi-Fi code…

And this is when “Sad” turns into “Desperately Sad” …..
    After a wee rub of your eyes and a stretch of your arms you realize….

You’re in the comfort of your own bed…. Lol

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Seasonedtraveller +1
    Hueyjudy +1 (particuarly those “where the **** am I” few minutes)
    Canuck +1 and much laughter

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I’d also add:

“When you come down to breakfast and find yourself scanning the room for people you know”.

“When you slip the complimentary sewing kit into a pocket of your overnight bag and find you already have four in there.”

“When you use the wrong language to the staff.”

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

….when you know most of the staff at your local airport security by name and ask how their children are doing.

David
    Participant

All very good; thanks for a good chuckle!

May I add;

“When you’ve seen all the movies that the IFE have to offer (well, the one’s that even slightly could interest you) because the airline only changes its selection on a monthly basis.”

“When the missus groans ‘oh, not another Amenity Kit; what are we going to do with the other 100 already stuffed into the closets…” The irony is that the same missus does not groan when you bring her back a bottle of, for example, Salvatore Ferragamo perfume from duty free (even when its the exact same, only bigger, than what was in the amenity kit). The same goes for any ‘nice’ hotel bathroom hand lotions too (when we married I thought anytime I brought a Hermes or Bulgari product home, I’d be royalty for a week…).

“When you’d MUCH rather sleep than eat the Business/First Class dinner that is on offer.” This is the same ‘dinner’ that all of your friends are certain makes your life on the road glamoureous and covet your travel because of it.

“When you quickly Google the wine selections from the wine menu while still on the ground to see if there is anything worth drinking before the steward comes by to ask you.”

“When you find yourself saying on most trips – see above, ‘What!, how can they serve a 9 GBP / 12 Euro bottle of white in Business Class!”

“When you have your own Economist “Big Mac Index.” Mine is based on Veuve Clicquot (Yellow NV) and Glenfiddich 12 Year, both which can be found at nearly all the duty free shops I transit, across 6 continents.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

You find it strange when sleeping in your own bed…..

jsn55
    Participant

Best so far in my life was my boss as we were working on a public offering, back and forth between San Francisco and Los Angeles we travelled for what seemed like months. Occasional side trips to NY and DC. One night he landed, rented a car and hit the highway … then remembered he was at his home airport and his own car was in the SFO parking lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls