Will BA introduce a ‘mid haul’ product?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)

• excessbaggage
    Participant

My first point still stands that there are more variations to Club World than you noted above.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The 767 point is valid, but it should be noted that there was never any intention on BA’s part for these still to be flying. The airline can hardly be held to account for supplier failures which have afflicted the industry.

excessbaggage
    Participant

It wasn’t the airline i was holding to account…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ewe that looks horrid and cheap!!! What the hell were they thinking when they chose brown..yuk! 🙁

GregoryKohll
    Participant

BA will be operating three flights a day from the end of October from Heathrow T1 to Tel Aviv. However, there will be no Premium Economy and there is no 1st -class lounge in T1…

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s good to see such frequency on this route.

The seats were originally designed for bmi’s interiors but remained in storage not fitted to aircraft, hence the brown. It actually looks rather smart, I think:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh498/TCX69K/132FAE5B-3908-40CA-9F6B-2D753C7B58D1-1590-0000017439B2594E.jpg

I think these are the same seats Swiss use in business class?

Not sure about the TVs, though; probably rather distracting if you’re both watching different shows:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh498/TCX69K/F58CE525-A4F5-416D-8A7D-AAB806A34FE9-1590-0000017697DEBBC1.jpg

Gregory, there is no F lounge for oneworld passengers in T1, but now there is no F class either, the Great British Lounge should be more than adequate:

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/experience-bmi/lounges/the-great-british-lounge.aspx

GregoryKohll
    Participant

Hi VK,
    Thanks for the info. I know the BMI lounge from when I flew Business Class with them. The increased frequency is good as it gives more leeway when connecting. I just think they should have kept World Traveler Plus which is a good compromise between comfort, cost and Avios points.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

The staggered seating looks interesting. If you pick the right one you would certainly have lots of room.

But that color is just wrong…VOM!

How big are the TV’s and will it have AVOD?

yahoo1000
    Participant

I heard BA will be putting a 777 and 747 on the IST run. Don’t know if it will be from next year.
    Heard if from a contact at BA

Swissdiver
    Participant

CW: I don’t see BA updating the CW as long they don’t have a pressure from the market. And they don’t! They still have the best business class long haul seat in Europe, by far! In the fully flat league, beyond LX, AY (not all) and the new LH (only on B747-8), I don’t see many…

CAI: I took so many times BA155 on B747s, it will look bizarre… But I guess it is perfectly making sense although these brown seats look almost as ugly as the LX ones…

Binman62
    Participant

Personally I still think the BA First seat is fantastic better than the current CX first which to its credit is much bigger but lacks finesse feel of BA F. However looking online at the CX business seat, it is definitely the same seat without the glossy interior, fancy dials etc. Now with AA using the same seat as CX for their long haul business cabin, which (I think) is to be released later this year.

Have just picked up on this comment..

I can only suggest that it was made by someone with no experience of CX first. which is without doubt the best First experience I have ever had. The seat alone makes BA First look like an enhanced business class and this from a regular F pax on BA.

New First fits a market but if going East and paying First, you would need to be very dedicated to stick with BA.

CX business seat is now real competition to BA First I might add.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Just had a another look at the new seat and i think looks better than current long haul NCW offering.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-rolls-out-fully-flat-business-class-seats-on

BA should really think about perhaps making some refinements (get rid of the brown seat) to this new seat and putting it out for long haul flights.

You can also have a look at the new seatplan too.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/british-airways/seatplans/A321-(config-2)

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Err, but how do you get out of the window seat if the aisle seat is fully deployed? You can’t – without their going back into vertical mode. I know that there’s been an interminable debate around the ying-yang in CW but at least you can manoeuvre yourself over the legs of the person in the aisle seat…

And who, in heavens name, chose that colour….? It reminds me of chocolate coloured bathroom suite I once inherited (and removed). Yeuch!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls