Who posted this in 2012 ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• jsn55
    Participant

[postquote quote=996569][/postquote]

Oh my, Becky Boop needed defense quite often. I thought she was just a nincompoop. But I’ve always been hyper-critical of other women in business.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I think I have been posting for just over 10 years, and I have always only ever used this one account. Many posters are serious and well worth reading, but alongside the informative, the polite and the amusing (and some posters really are very entertaining) any forum of this type is going to attract a few misfits, a few corporate spokesmen in disguise (I always assumed VK was a British Airways mouthpiece – was that ever proved?) and a few people whose social manners simply mark them out as unpleasant.

I don’t think the Forum ever got totally out of hand, but I would agree with several posters here that it is now more pleasant and civilised than it has been at times in the past. And the accumulated knowledge out there is really very helpful if one ever has a question – I have almost always got useful answers, pretty fast, whenever I have asked anything.

My days of business travel have ended (and that was before the virus ended it for all of us!), but I still enjoy the Forum.

5 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

My days of business travel have ended (and that was before the virus ended it for all of us!), but I still enjoy the Forum.

I am in the same very fortunate position that I no longer travel on business but still enjoy the forum, and that is thanks to most of you here.

I probably fall into all of these categories depending on my mood and the topic: the informative, the polite, the amusing, the misfits, and a few people whose social manners simply mark them out as unpleasant!

My ‘manager’ (in name only), when in 2007 I quit the company I’d worked for for almost 20 years, was trying to persuade me to stay, she said : “You’ll miss the business travel and the nice hotels and expensed meals ….”
    I said : “Why ….?”

Her response was : “Because I know you enjoy it,” which was largely true.

I told that I would still be able to enjoy travelling business class and staying in good hotels, but now it would be when and where I wanted, on my terms and conditions, which is precisely what happened until this damned lockdown!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls