Who posted this in 2012 ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

“These are the most dull threads on the forum.

I don’t see anywhere on the forum that “extensive discussion of posters over multiple threads is a core part of what the BT forum is for.”

These threads do, however, seem to attract the most posts. Indeed I only rejoined the forum back in January when, after over 100 posts a similar thread (also ludicrously featured in the Thursday email to subscribers) the usual Henkel.Trocken/CallMeIshmael/TetedeCuvee cabal started bullying BeckyBoop, suggested she was me under another handle.

I stepped in to stop the attacks on her, which were unacceptable.

Seems you can’t live with me, can’t live without me. Maybe there’s a song there, somewhere.

It would be better if such meta-discussions were deleted and prohibited from the forum altogether, which I understood was the intention from the start.

The navel-gazing is extraordinary. There is much more to the world than this site, which a forum for entertainment. That’s it. If you want to continue your vendetta against me for providing a useful counterpoint to the lies spouted by BASSA during the BA strike, then potter off to http://www.cabincrew.com where the inanity is tolerated, or your own forum where you can merrily chatter away – fully observed – until the next court case.

I can see no way whatsoever that providing this platform for the bullies is in any way connected with the remit of the forum, which is stated as:

“Business Traveller welcomes your comments on any travel-related subject.”

Henkel.Trocken’s very handle is a German champagne-esque wine, which I find hard to believe isn’t meant to represent a counterpoint to my own champagne themed handle – and that is echoed in his curious obsession with my good self.

Is this a “travel-related subject”? If it is I must have missed something.

What must those new to the site think?”

I came across the above by chance.

How the forum has improved over the past few years!

The nicest thing that I noticed while glancing through the thread was how many of the posters are still making insightful contributions to the forum.
    Back in the day I used to post under the ‘oldchinahand’ handle but was normally a lurker.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ah yes, a blast from the past in these lockdown days. I remember your moniker, Oldchinahand. I also remember BeckyBoop and also defended her on a couple of occasions. I wonder what happened to her and a few others, but I can no longer recall their names, who used to be regular posters here?

canucklad
    Participant

2012 ????
    Has it been 8 years already, didn’t we host the Olympics that year ?

SimonS1
    Participant

Funny how BeckyBoop disappeared with VintageKrug and all the other trade names.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[postquote quote=996580][/postquote]

I know some here linked her to VK, but they often had spats and their style of writing was very different so I don’t think they were one and the same.

capetonianm
    Participant

I have more than once been accused of being VK.

I have only ever used this user name on this forum, although I may early on have used Capetonian or Capetonian1 or something very similar, but lost the password.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Could Vintage Krug and Becky Boop been one and the same? A couple of spats is a perfect camouflage

canucklad
    Participant

So a Split personality Schizophrenic …..

Looking back, maybe there should of been more of an understanding of VK ,

Back in the day we didn’t really understand mental health and awareness of how to support individuals

If we did, we potentially could have been more supportive and accepting of his ……ehhm and her comments

esselle
    Participant

I certainly agree with cwoodward that the Forum has become a better place since a few of the more colourful participants moved away (or got blocked). Some of them seemed capable of picking a fight with themselves in a locked room.

I remember VK on one occasion saying that my point of view could be ignored with confidence. Charming.

Stay safe.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I am pretty sure Hippocampus and Vk were one and the same. And along with BeckyBoop all disappeared at the some time following a user clean-up of sorts…

Swissdiver
    Participant

VintageKrug rings a bell indeed. Was it in 2012? Gosh already 8 years I am around? Hold on, it looks worse. 2009 could be my joining year. Gosh! But don’t rejoice, my BT friends, as most of you were already here when I joined! 🙂

SimonS1
    Participant

SergeantMajor as well IIRC.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Yes, i recall those times.
    Not very pleasant, far fro any professional or balanced comments, and i remember Tom having to reset the rules and monitor on here quite strongly.
    The Police were actually looking at some comments as they were so vindictive and even breached abuse issues on line.
    BT Forum was getting a very bad name…

Today is a far calmer and pleasant Forum.

VintageKrug is still in the Maximum Security Psychiatric Facility.

PhilipHart
    Participant

The forums are also much more pleasant without the “contributions” of FDOS_UK

sparkyflier
    Participant

Indeed re FDOS..I enjoyed some of his travel related contributions but he could also be very nasty indeed. I remember there was a new poster who added a lot of energy to the forum who had just started working for Virgin Atlantic.. and so it was good to have his insight as well as positive posts, only for FDOS to for whatever reason be unpleasant to. The Virgin guy disappeared and the forum poorer as a result.

Fortunately many pleasant contributors remain who provide insight, humour, good analysis and sometimes great kindness.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls