When are we travelling again?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)

• fatbear
    Participant

Further to my description of my flight on BA from Gatwick to Antigua I thought I would share some observations on the return flight.

Gatwick was like a ghost town when we arrived yesterday, with only two flights scheduled to arrive before 11.20. Despite this we parked at one of the furthest gates away from passport control so faced a long walk without moving escalators. Our Passenger Locator Forms were checked twice by Border Force, once as we got off the aircraft and once at passport control. The E-Gates were closed so it was a manual inspection, but the number of officiers on duty was more than adequate for the number of passengers. In the arrival hall the M&S Food Store was closed but Boots and Costa Coffee were open. The Short-term car park had virtually no cars parked there and the M25 was eerily quiet at 8.30am.

We travelled Business Class using an Amex Companion voucher but had I paid £4,000 plus for a ticket ( the price when I tried a dummy booking two weeks before we departed ) I would have been fairly upset at the service. There was no business lounge open in Antigua, there was no priority boarding so we boarded last, the food was mediocre at best, and the cheese and biscuits offering was Happy Cow cheese spread. The bread roll disintegrated on contact ( once you had been able to open the plastic wrapper ). The choice of meals was similiar to that that used to be offered in Club Europe a few years ago, but with plastic cutlery. For Breakfast i opted for the cold egg and bacon roll, which was horribl, so perhaps I should have gone for the cheese and tomato roll. Unlike on the outward flight the food was served on the tray rather than in a box

All very much first world problems I know, and I suppose I should be grateful the flight operated, as all flights from Wednesday to/from Antigua have been suspended for a month. To be fair, the FA that served us did try remarkably hard. However, as I read that other airlines are back to providing decent offerings in Business, perhaps BA could be doing a lot better if they wish to retain their customers ?

cwoodward
    Participant

Responding to the title of this thread I would answer -SOON.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

The Hong Kong and Singapore travel bubble will launch on 22nd November One SA and one Cathay flight daily doubling from 1st December. Restricted at the start to 200 passengers per flight. Going forward no restrictions if all goes well. The CX flight number is CX759 ex HK.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls