When are we travelling again?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• TupeloKid
    Participant

As much as I’ve complained in the past about time away from home, eating the same hotel room service, delays and airport inconvenience, for the past few weeks I’ve started to really get the itch to travel again.

At the moment, I have no trips planned and it’s starting to look like there won’t be any trips until the middle of 2021!

Is anyone else feeling this?

I can’t say I miss the travel at all, especially now that Marks and Spencer in Hong Kong sells Marmite.

K1ngston
    Participant

As much as I’ve complained in the past about time away from home, eating the same hotel room service, delays and airport inconvenience, for the past few weeks I’ve started to really get the itch to travel again.

At the moment, I have no trips planned and it’s starting to look like there won’t be any trips until the middle of 2021!

Is anyone else feeling this?

I can’t say I miss the travel at all, especially now that Marks and Spencer in Hong Kong sells Marmite.

Save me some TupeloKid please… like rocking horse do do here 🙂

cwoodward
    Participant

I’m a convert to Vegemite- much healthier and better tasting and readily available across Asia.

M and S Food is expanding across Asia and a decent selection of food now in Philippines (7 in Manila) and Bangkok.
    In HK the fruit and veg and meat is now often better and in many cases cheaper than the local supermarkets.

K1ngston
    Participant

I’m a convert to Vegemite- much healthier and better tasting and readily available across Asia.

M and S Food is expanding across Asia and a decent selection of food now in Philippines (7 in Manila) and Bangkok.
    In HK the fruit and veg and meat is now often better and in many cases cheaper than the local supermarkets.

NOOOOOOOOO I cannot get into Vegemite, in fact im shuddering thinking of it …… 🙂

WinnipegMax
    Participant

Absolutely!

And after 193 days in the Canadian Prairies, basically life-in-cotton-wool, I bit the dust and flew to Lisbon/Toulouse last night. Wonderful to be back in the air, although Montreal airport was a touch dystopian. And, for those interested, TAP A321 NEO was a good way to fly. It was my first long-haul on the aircraft, and I was pleasantly surprised. There were only 5 in J, but the cabin was airy and bright, the catering pretty good given the circumstances, and the flight crew terrific.

I will be there for a month and will take the 14-day quarantine when I return … it will be worth it

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Today I took the train to go on the other side of my little country and I had the feeling I was travelling! See the level of despair! And I am afraid this will last as no politician will have what is required to relax the rules when that C thing will only be a mere flu (we are not yet even there!).

SimonS1
    Participant

Today I took the train to go on the other side of my little country and I had the feeling I was travelling! See the level of despair! And I am afraid this will last as no politician will have what is required to relax the rules when that C thing will only be a mere flu (we are not yet even there!).

Exactly. It’s so depressing.

Even the Daily Mail has dropped its “something must be done” routine but some readers are stuck in the routine….shut everything down, play it safe, blow up the economy….

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls