What! No more La Source at Hilton?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed that Hilton have dumped Crabtree & Evelyn’s La Source bathroom soaps etc for Peter Thomas Roth? Who?

What a shame, clearly a cost saving measure, but some how devalues the product in not having a well known brand.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Am postulating here, but could the change be due to the fact that when Crabtree & Evelyn came out of C11 a year ago it was purchased by a Malaysian palm oil company.
    Decisions to alter key suppliers are often taken a year plus in advance of agreement renewal. As C&E may have been deemed vulnerable at the time, Hilton may have elected a more secure, up and coming, US supplier.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

I think it was the WSJ that reported Hilton have relegated C&E’s range to the down-market Embassy Suites and Doubletree grade hotels.

Bill in Hants

BeckyBoop
    Participant

PTR looks good actually they have won many awards, never used there stuff myself xx

http://www.peterthomasroth.com/Awards.aspx

Bill_Hants
    Participant

PTR are of course well known in the US as a premium brand. Presume Hilton wanted to move a bit more upmarket.

Bill in Hants

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Nigel – yes, I also noticed this.

However, I prefer the PTR ones.

IMHO the best in the UK are those provided by Hotels du Vin. At a recent stay at the Royal Tunbridge Wells establishment (where else, old boy!) I noticed that HdV are now making them available for sale at reception, in case the ones you take home from the room aren’t sufficient.

Toodle pip.

Simon

Bill_Hants
    Participant

Simon

Sounds a shrewd move. After all, if guests scoop up all the freebies because they like ’em, they may even be prepared to buy some !

Bill in Hants

NTarrant
    Participant

Cheers Guys, Didn’t know Crabtree & Evelyn had been in Chapter 11, so the change would make sense, although C&E are still trading here in the UK.

Scenic Hotels in New Zealand also sell their smellies as they are an organic range.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Now at Hilton Dartford, and they have Peter Roth here. Hadn’t really noticed the change but quite like the new shampoos etc.

NTarrant
    Participant

You do go to some exotic places LP!

I like C&E but the PTR shower gel is growing on me.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Nigel,

I know what you mean – it’s got crunchy bits in it!

Cheers, Simon

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Folks,

Good job they are toiletries by Peter Thomas Roth and not Dave Lee Roth….

His would make you “jump,” and perhaps a little too “hot for teacher,” Or perhaps even bring you out in an “eruption.”

An appropriate place to trial his products would be the Panama Hilton.

Simon

PS I think I might just have shown my age with the above post…..

HonestCrew
    Participant

I am picturing you lot all sat around the pub table at the next BT Forum poster’s drink passing around shampoos, “ooh, try this one… is it pomegranate?”

(I’ll get the drinks in then shall I?”)

SimonRowberry
    Participant

HC

Nice one.

Mine’s a gin and aloe vera (that well known Weatherfield combination), if you’re offering.

S

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls