What! No more La Source at Hilton?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

Bill,

No – it’s the PeterThomas Roth ones at Doubletree as well.

By the way – on that subject. I stayed at the Doubletree Newcastle Airport the other day. One of the best Hiltons I’ve stayed in in the UK. Well above many of the Stakis or Hilton National rebranded properties.

Also got loads of HH Benefits, unlike at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead the next night. And only GBP 70 in the middle of the week.

If Newcastle Airport is typical of Doubletree, then the’s nothing downmarket about them at all.

Cheers, Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi Simon

Oh no! No more Lemon Citrus or whatever it was hand cream at Double Tree. Now that is going down market Roth is no replacement for the C&E at Double Tree. Whatever next, no evening cookie.

The Double Tree Cadbury House near Bristol (nearer Weston-S-M really) is a nice location if you are that way and is as good as many Hilton’s.

Stayed at the Hilton South Wharf Melbourne last month, fantastic. Next Hilton stay, Nottingham! At least Nottingham has got better.

Chhers Nigel

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Nigel

At least you’re not at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham. Was there for a conference last month. Made me dream of staying in a soulless chain hotel instead of somewhere that wasn’t sure whether it was an office block or a hotel…

Cheers

Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham a few times, nice breakfast I recall. But yes office block! Annyoing position to have to put key card for air con.

Mostly I stay at Hilton, unless they want silly money then its HIExpress.

Francis7
    Participant

Peter Thomas Roth is viewed as a premium brand in the US. Hilton initially started providing these products on Exec/Club floors and then went property wide. Great marketing move for both PTR and Hilton.
    Sephora carries his product line for retail in the US as well. Don’t know about the UK. I have skin issues and have used some of his products for a couple years with great results before they made their hotel debut.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Interesting Francis. Come to think of it, the first time I came across the brand was at the Trafalgar, the flagship UK Hilton, a year or so ago.

Nigel – I must hang my head in shame and confess to having misled the Forum. Having just returned from 2 nights at the superb Doubletree Newcastle Airport, I noticed that you were indeed right. The toiletries are C&E (albeit a nice Citron sub brand), not David Lee Roth products. Apologies.

I can’t believe how good value that Doubletree is. 2 nights standard rate (in the week), breakfast, wifi Internet, all drinks and dinner both nights, and the tab was a tad under GBP 250. I’ve spent that on my bar bill in one night at the Trafalgar in the past….

Cheers, Simon

SwissExPat
    Participant

As a Diamond Hilton member, I was actually getting fed up with the C&E products.

I am not sure about the new Roth Products (just had them in Hilton ROme and also in Hilton Capetown), They do not feel that premium to me.

However, my absloute favourite and is super premium is the Acca Kappa toiletries used at CONRAD Hilton. These are superb and are one of the reasons I use Conrads. I actually have bought some of the Acca Kappa stuff for home use. (DUB,SIN)

NTarrant
    Participant

This was my point SwissExPat, they just don’t feel premium. The packaging looks a bit like supermarket own brand.

I like the bar of soap, but not keen on the shower gel.

Thanks Simon, hopefully C&E will remain at Dobletree.

PMRTexas
    Participant

Yes, I noticoed. Ticked off too. Hilton, bring back La Source.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls