What meal service

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Oh sorry, my mistake!

Just had a look at BA293 and it to is the same menu 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

rferguson – was reading the menu out to the DH last night and his comment, “well that sounds lovely darling, but what am I getting?” Typical man, thinking of his own belly! 😉 (disclaimer – Most men!!!!!)

So can I ask if you have time, would you mind letting me know what delights we have to look forward to?

Thanks v much.

rferguson
    Participant

@ Papillion53. Lol no problem. Here you go:

London – Singapore
    – DINNER
    The dinner menu is almost identical to the one listed at the thread start (for the LHR-JFK flight). The only difference is one of the main courses. The seared breast of corn fed chicken has been replaced with a dish likely to suit more local singaporean tastes: Stir fried chicken with chilli bean sauce, mixed vegetables and herbed chinese rice.

BREAKFAST
    Chilled juices/Smoothie.
    Selection of yoghurts/cereals.
    Appetizer of fresh cut fruits.

Traditional English breakfast of free range scrambled eggs, bacon, Saddleback pork sausage, grilled portobello mushroom, has brown, baked beans and black pudding.
    or
    Choizo and potato frittata with basil olive oil.
    or
    Wholemeal pecan pancakes with berry compote.

Singapore – Sydney
    DINNER
    Rocket salad with Tiger prawns and a chilli and garlic dressing
    or
    Warm sweetcorn cakes with avacado salsa

Crab bisque

Seasonal salad with choice of topping and dressing.
    or
    Salmon confit in olive oil, tomato and capsicum coulis served with ratatouille and potatoes gratin

Beef Stroganof with roasted vegetables and steamed rice
    or
    Braised duck with chestnut and five spiced sauce with udon noodles.
    or
    Char grilled chicken ceasar salad.

Strawberry trifle
    or
    Warm brioche bread and butter pudding with vanilla custard.

Breakfast:
    Continental style.

🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Rferguson – thank you so much! I did wonder if we would get breakfast pre-landing at SIN, as it’s an overnight flight but p.m. when we get there. I had rather hoped for some of your lovely warm scones and a cup of tea, ah well never mind!

I’m sure when I read this out to the DH when he gets home his eyes will light up and then it’ll be “well what’s for supper?” hmmmmm … beans on toast won’t do it tonight then! LOL!

rferguson
    Participant

A pleasure!

Hopefully you will get to experience ‘New’ First on part of the journey.

If you are flying on the BA015/016 the whole way it is very much hit and miss as this flight is served by a ‘Mid J’ 747 which has been the aircraft type to be fitted with the new cabin in the most ‘leisurely’ manner (with several not to receive it at all). To put old First on the longest flight we operate from LHR while you are guaranteed New First on a three hour London – Moscow flight seems bonkers, but hey.

Papillion53
    Participant

Rferguson- thanks for that info – I really don’t mind old or new, just to be flying first is great especially on such a long journey and I managed to bag this one on Avios ;-)! In Sept 2010 we had new first on the way back from JFK and it was the Crew’s “New First time” as well – what fun we had checking it all out! 🙂 I’ll be looking out for the windows before we board!

And I wanted to say I do hope we will meet some wonderful crew like you and honestcrew on our travels!

Thanks again! 🙂

firclaonly
    Participant

bring your own food this is not the glorious 60ties no more 😉

FionaGreig
    Participant

Hi all. My husband and I are flying on BA015 from Heathrow to Sydney this week in Club, and I have a couple of questions:
    1 I gather we stopover in Singapore and I wonder if anyone knows how many hours we will have in Sing airport
    2 I’ve read that the food on BA is not wonderful. Is this still true?
    3 sorry – thought of another question – any tips please on which seats to choose and how to have a relaxing flight? Thanks to all

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Hii Fiona. Others better qualified that me will be able to answer your first two questions, but in regards to your seat I think the best advice is to try and get your seats on the upper deck of the plane (it will be a Boeing 747) which is much quieter and has the feel of a small, private plane. Hope that you have a great trip.

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi Fiona – Would agree with TheHud that best seats are on the upper deck. Stopover in Singapore is just over the hour, but you can go to the lounge if you don’t want to wonder around the terminal.

I personally don’t have any issue with the food in Club World and on the route you are traveliing it will be fine.

Stowage222
    Participant

Fiona

Just a word of warning – don’t buy any duty free items on the LHR/SIN leg as any liquids will be confiscated as you are rescreened at SIN before continuing your journey. Ditto SYD/SIN sectors on the way home. SIN also has strict DF cigarette allowances.

Papillion53
    Participant

Hi Fiona

I think you may have about 2 hours in SIN, enough time to get to the lounge but walk quick, it is a long way and the lounges are everyone all mixed in first and club, golds etc., and I think you will still have the choice of both lounges. So as a result, it can be very busy. The showers are first come first served, and are very nice and clean, and efficiently managed. The signage is poor at SIN, but they have plenty of ground staff who will point you in the right direction.

As someone suggested, I think it was VK, there is an ice-cream selection at the buffet in the lounge which is always welcome after a long flight when you don’t quite want something to eat, but you fancy something, if you know what I mean!

And don’t forget, you have to go back through security at the gate, and there is no premium fast track, so all in together and it can take some time as although its efficient, there are the usual pax who don’t get their act together to go through security, but you do not need to take your toiletries out of your carryon if you have them, just your laptops, iPads, phones etc.

If you are coming back from SYD via SIN and depending on which flight you connect back to LHR on, you will have either about an hour and a bit or about 3 hours. We had the shorter connection and to be honest it wasn’t worth the trek to the lounge as it was so busy and by the time you get there, you have to head back (security again!).

If you want to get orchids, ask the BA crew where to go, as we spotted them taking them back but couldn’t find the florist!

Have a great trip! 🙂

Stowage222
    Participant

There is a florist in the SIN terminal. The BA crew buy directly from a town florist who delivers the boxes to the hotel before they head to the airport for the flight home.

Papillion53
    Participant

Stowage222. – we saw the floor plans but didn’t really have enough time to work out where the florist was! I did wonder if the crew had brought them in.

FionaGreig
    Participant

Many thank to all who took the trouble to try toy questions. Much appreciated, especially Papillon53 – very useful tips. We are better prepared now with info from people clearly in the know. If we get our upper level seats we will raise a glass to you all. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls