What meal service

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

• Anonymous

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Does anybody know where I can find out what meal service to expect on BA flights? I’m on BA175 (LHR-JFK) later this week …. leaves at 09.55: so want to check whether breakfast or lunch. Thanks

HonestCrew
    Participant

Hello Hud.
    You will receive lunch on this flight.
    If you are travelling in World Traveller (Economy) you will have a choice of pasta in a cream sauce (which is very nice) and I believe at the moment chicken with mash potato.

If you are travelling World Traveller Plus (Economy Plus) your hot entree will be a choice of two business class meals which I believe is steak and a nice fish pie. (Note, if you want steak there is a good chance you will not receive your choice if you are one of the last 1/3 to be served)

If you are travelling Club World (business class) your choice will be a choice of 2 starters, 3 hot entrees and a cold main course salad (Steak, fish pie, veg pasta and the salad, maybe chicken)

An hour and a half or so before landing you shall receive afternoon tea, sandwiches and scones in Club and a sandwich in WT and WTP.

If you are travelling in First Class I don’t know as I have not worked in that cabin on this route for a while.

Hope this is useful.
    Cheers.

rferguson
    Participant

Hey Hud…here is the menu for the BA175 in August.

– First:
    Starters
    Rillette of Brixham mackerel, dill pickled cucumber and dashi jelly.
    or
    Pan fried polenta with asparagus and tomato fondue with pecorino cheese.

Courgette and basil soup with pine nuts.

Fresh seasonal salad with choice of dressing.

Mains:
    Braised British beef with horseradish mash and confit of carrott and hispi cabbage.
    or
    Seared breast of corn fed chicken with english summer truffle sauce, chanterelle mushrooms and parsley potatoes.
    or
    Roasted Loche Fyne cod fillet with crab croquettes and baby veg
    or
    salad of grilled tiger prawns with ciabatta crutons.

Bistro Selection of four cheese tortellini or Classic BLT.

Desserts:
    Chocolate mousse with salted caramel and hazelnuts (amazing!!)
    or
    warm berry soufle
    or
    customised ice cream sundae.

Cheese:
    Reblochon, Blacksticks Blue, Quickes Farmhouse Cheddar, Melusine.

Second Service:
    Afternoon tea of reception sandwiches, patisserie selection and scones.

– Club World
    Forman’s Classic smoked salmon with capers
    or
    Salad of Golden beetroot, peppered goats curd with micro watercress and elderflower.

Fresh Seasonal salad.

Mains:
    Fillet of Heredfordshire beef with smoked garlic mash, artichokes and green beans
    or
    Sustainably sources hake fish pie with tartar sauce (really good!).
    or
    rissotto with houlloumi cheese, honey roasted carrot cumin and pine nuts
    or
    chilled main course salad of corn fed chicken with rocket pesto.

Dessert:
    Lemon curd cheesecake with raspberry and basil compote
    or
    The Ice Cream Union ice cream

Cheese:
    Double Gloucester and d’Auvergne

Club Kitchen

Before landing:
    Afternoon tea of finger sandwiches with warm scones.

– World Traveller Plus.
    Greek germelli herb salad

Main course-
    Choice of the Club beef or fish dish.

Dessert:
    Pear belle helene (??)

– World Traveller.
    Starter and dessert as per WTP.
    Main Course:
    Breast of chicken in pesto sauce with mash potato.
    or
    Tagliatelle pasta in creamy basil sauce

🙂

ItsTheHud
    Participant

Many thanks all

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you’re in F, do sample the Chilled Chocolate Fondant; it’s great!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41058731@N05/7168748113/

ItsTheHud
    Participant

@VK: Sadly not – I’ll be slumming it in C! Looks great though …

rferguson
    Participant

HUD if you like fish I’d definitely go for the fish pie. It is the ‘Olympic inspired dish’ and isn’t like a BA fish pie of old (a cheap way to flog a fish dish). It’s a lovely whole fillet of hake at the base with the ‘pie’ topping sat on top and in a not too heavy tartar sauce!

I’d probably skip the afternoon tea sandwiches though a warmed scone with jam and cream and a cuppa before landing is always nice 🙂 The food in the Club Kitchen is much better than the plastic wrapped finger sandwiches on the afternoon tea tray. There is a really good chicken fajita wholemeal wrap in the CK that you can ask the crew to heat for you. And also try some of The Ice Cream Union ice cream in there, it’s delicious!

Papillion53
    Participant

VK – will you STOP posting that link! 😉 🙂

Rferguson – will you please tell me if I will be able to indulge in this choccie fondant on our next F to SYD (via SIN) or if not VK is in BIG trouble for always posting this link!! LOL! 😉

I was going to ask you what other delights we could look forward to, but I like to have some things kept as a surprise, so I can go “ooh and aah, what will I have”! 😉 🙂 !!!!!! LOL!

rferguson
    Participant

@ Papillion53: I can confirm the said dessert IS on the LHR-SIN menu :-))

If curiosity gets the better of you in regards to the rest of the menu, just shout. 😉

Papillion53
    Participant

rferguson – thanks v much! I’ll just make do with the delicious Choccie Philly mini pots till then!

Oh go on then “Shout”! 😉 :-).

lloydah
    Participant

This is getting like a foodies chat room. But if you can’t beat ’em….rferguson, is it possible to say if that’s going to be similar on BA293 in F in a couple of weeks time? Sad that I think the food is more important than anything else on the journey but it keeps me happy:)
    Thanks.

rferguson
    Participant

@ Iloydah: I couldn’t find a menu for the BA293. Are you sure it’s not the 295 or 297? If so, the menu for those flights are identical to the above LHR-JFK flight 🙂

lloydah
    Participant

sorry, I should have said it’s for IAD as well, not JFK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls