What are your 5 best airlines?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

While replying to another thread, I thought we can create a thread about 5 best airlines in this forum group and see how far is that from Skytrax etc. voting.

The consideration need to be both hard products and services and for both business and economy class. Those who have good experience in first class across many airlines, they can factor that also; but looking for general comprehensive assessment.

My 5 best airlines are:
    Singapore Airlines
    Emirates Airlines
    Qatar Airlines
    ANA airways
    Vistara Airlines.

cwoodward
    Participant

My five are in no particular order
    They are airlines that I have always served me will and that I have always enjoyed flying

Bangkok Airways
    JAL
    Lufthansa
    Cathay Pacific
    Thai

Bigfoot
    Participant

Pre-Covid and pre-Qatar operating out of Cardff Wales, I must have completed ten or twelve Business Class flights from LHR with Garuda International on their B777-300ER to Jakarta. I realise they used to have safety issues and were banned from flying into Europe and the USA.

These Garuda International flights were the best flights I ever experienced to Jakarta but they no longer exist.

Flying four round trips a year to Indonesia, I’d previously used Emirates which were enjoyable apart from scary limo drivers racing up the motorway to Birmingham.

Hoping Qatar return to Cardiff, Wales.

Within Europe it’s mostly BA Club World or TAP Executive Class both of which suit my needs.

GivingupBA
    Participant

Top 5, consistently good (not in any order) Asiana, KLM, Cathay, Qatar, Lufthansa.

onajetplane
    Participant

Economy: Qantas
    Premium Economy: Emirates
    Business (within Europe): BA (unless doing LHR – IST, then 100% would take Turkish)
    Business (long haul): Qatar
    First: Emirates
    Fav niche smaller airline/serves me well: Sounds Air
    If flying to a certain city, for nostalgia I will try and fly: MEA

Overall fav, probably Qatar. Albeit ironically they do frustrate that despite being OW Emerald (BA), they are the one airline that don’t offer total reciprocity of OW benefits.

esselle
    Participant

Europe short haul – Jet 2, EasyJet
    J Class – Qatar
    F Class – Air France, Emirates

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Post covid I have only used 5 airlines regularly

BA – QATAR – Air Malta – Finnair – Cathay

Despite their problems, I always receive great service on Air Malta. Qatar provides an excellent overall product. Cathay I enjoy for the amazing HKG lounges and the great welcome. It was very nice to see so many of the pre covid staff back in the Pier lounge. British Airways, I can currently say very little good about the airline, staff or the product. I use BA only for cost and convenience.

The one airline / service I am longing to try is Air France (F). There are so many You Tube videos from reputable bloggers showcasing the amazing product. I understand it to be an all round, COMPLETE F class.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

The five that suit my purposes, when I need to travel.

FDOS
    Participant

@Martyn

I recently flew AF J from DXB-CDG and thought it was excellent, way better than BA (not that that is a high bar, these days).

If La Premiere scales up proportionately, it should be a very good product.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Tend to agree with FDOS on this one.

Based purely on travel this year:
    Qatar
    Alaskan
    T3 – BA (club suite only) & AA
    Delta

esselle
    Participant

FDOS, what do you mean by “scales up proportionately”? Is it that the routes it flies on are somewhat limited?

FDOS
    Participant

esselle

I just mean if the F product is proportionately better than the J (as it should be for the price increment), it will be excellent.

Rferguson2
    Participant

For me,

1. Oman Air
    2. Qatar
    3. SQ
    4. JAL
    5. Thai

Biggoonerfan
    Participant

Five best are Singapore – Emirates – Cathay – JAL – QATAR

From BA Gold Holder!

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

For me they are:

Eva Air
    Singapore Airlines
    Lufthansa (mostly due to First Class)
    Air France (tremendously improved)
    KLM
    *EK (A380)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls