Virgin Atlantic – Should be a 2 Star Airline

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

• lloydah
    Participant

I gave up after only 4 sectors in UC. From memory the flights ranked chronologically with the best being the first and the worst being the latest. This could indicate that the Airline was simply getting worse over a period of 2 years or I was getting more fussy. The crew were good on at least 2 sectors BOS/LHR/BOS and we were in the front upstairs. I do remember purchasing a litre of Tanqueray for which you had a paper receipt to exchange on the plane. Crew took it away with some others but never returned. About 20 mins from LHR they were running up and down the aisles, plus a pa announcement, for pax who ordered duty free to use call bell. Then they simple showed what they had and asked you to choose. It wasn’t good organisation.

sparkyflier
    Participant

The sister of a friends of mine is a Virgin stewardess now. Really nice person, but does not understand why passengers press the call button.

She said ” dont they know it is for emergency use only, they seem to think they can ring it whenever they like whenever they need something”.

She was not being ironic.

Vertrek
    Participant

We should thanks VS for creating job!

And yea, Thank for the insight LeTiger! I wonder why haven’t the Virgin Groups decided on an alliance yet.

Becky, at least LeTiger being honest on where he works. 😉

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Oh please dont you start…

CityRiskBoy
    Participant

@Beckyboop – I dont live or work anywhere near Crawley….I am just saying as this is close to VS base, it seems by the way the VS crews act and from Stories I hear, its as though they have rolled up fresh from liquid…or any nightclub for that matter in that area

As for the refresher courses once a year….I find that hard to believe….If it is true its obviously wasted money because there is no improvement

Tim2soza
    Participant

Flew back UC from IAD some time ago. I was the only one in the 2nd section…. Except 6 FA’s on a re-positioning sector. They partied all night; I didn’t sleep a wink, and I’ve never flown with them again.

BA service has been consistent and pleasant ever since.

Hippocampus
    Participant

What’s Liquid nightclub in Crawley like!?

capetonianm
    Participant

“What’s Liquid nightclub in Crawley like!?”

If you knew what Crawley was like you would realise that the question is redundant! Unfortunately I have a client in Crawley and sometimes have to go on site. Try looking up something like : “Britain’s 10 worst towns and you’ll find it.”

judynagy
    Participant

Been flying VS Upper Class very happily for years … missed our spring trip but coming over in September … it will be interesting to see if so many of you are right. It would take ALOT to get me to overlook the comfortable suites and the airport lounges tho.

As far as the crew goes, I had to laugh reading so many of your comments … the descriptions sound just like our domestic flight crews! Maybe VS is training them in the US. I’ve always found at least one person on every flight who cares about his/her passengers, so have been able to request whatever I want and get it with a smile.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed, I’d agree.

I’m not a fan of the design of the Upper class Suite; it’s annoying not being able to fully recline the seat to a bed when dozing without having to get up, but taken in the round it’s a good airline.

Do get in early if you want a drink, however!

JohnHarper
    Participant

I’ve never flown Virgin and have no desire to. The adds promise a great deal but I’ve never read a report that suggests the experience lives up to the promise. Judging by what colleagues are saying who do use them they are a two star carrier these days but I guess it all really depends on how much they have paid Skytrax this year.

Shearer
    Participant

Blimey. There’s a lot of animosity towards VS here.

I’m not a regular flyer (well, not compared to 3 years ago) but had 6 flights with VS. Three Y, Two PE and 1 UC. They were all great. Really nice people, personable and a fun experience.

I can’t compare Club World with UC as I’ve never flown Club World, however VS Premium Economy is head and shoulders better than WT+.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi NIRscot – it is not animosity to VS, its a case that head to head NCW to Upper, BA wins hands down (going by the majority of postings).

There are quite a few BA cabin crew that contribute here, unfortunately, not many VS crew contribute, which would be useful.

I am a fan of NCW, despite it beginning to look stale, but if we are going to support British companies and staff, there must be some decent competition in long haul which there doesnt appear to be (from a British company at any rate!)

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls