Virgin Atlantic – Should be a 2 Star Airline

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

WOW LeTigre, thanks, looks like you will be the VintageKrug for Virgin..lol 🙂 xxx

NNoah16
    Participant

I agree. I never rated them. Loud crew, uncaring just want to chat amongst themselves. Always travelled in U/C not impressed.
    Real bucket and spade airline from my point of view.
    I actually did not fly them recently even though I could redeem miles for free U/C tickets to JFK.
    Never.

capetonianm
    Participant

Had 2 return flights with them LHR/CPT. Thebest of the 4 segments was acceptable, but only just. The others were awful. As others have said, loud chavvy crews, as is to be expected if you recruit from Horley and Crawley, scruffy aircraft, dirty tray tables, poor food, IFE good but in our row of three only one working properly on 2 flights.
    On the good side, flights on time and cockpit crew quite chatty and informative.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks LeTigre. I have been asking whether someone can provide more upto date info on VS. I look forward to hearing if VS can once again provide BA (and others) with a degree of competition.

Mrs S goes to Florida tomorrow on VS, so no doubt I will get another indepth ear blasting for ‘her’ decision to choose VS over BA.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Have to agree CX that the Virgin lounges are a bit “chavvy” though I can only speak of the JNB one, and perhaps Capetonian can confirm, but it is, IMO, one of the best at JNB, having a meal menu which is freshly cooked and with excellent service. I use it perhaps once every 2 months and the waiters always remember me by name and bring my usual drink without asking.

The SAA lounge, which I think is used by LH First is also good but service is slow, the tables left uncleared and it gets very crowded.

Back to topic, the Virgin brand is a very strong and well known one, but I have the feeling, and I emphasize a feeling, that the brand is held back a bit by Branson.

He is a showman and I think he is happy to let VS survive on the image of its glory days. I also think he wants to cut costs to try and boost profitability so as to ripen it up for an eventual takeover.

I think this is wrong and he needs to concentrate on his premium passengers, as they are the ones bringing in the bucks, and give them the service and comfort they demand for the price they are paying.

LeTigre
    Participant

VintageKrug/BeckyBoop, please calm yourself, I shall not be competing.

However, focus away from BA is something this forum sorely needs.

I will be providing insider news in the future from VS.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

lol.. i am not VK, but you are right we do need to divert focus away from BA :o) xxx

Papillion53
    Participant

martynsinclair @ 09:08

LOL! LOL!

Our recent travel on VS Prem Economy MIA to LHR – awful! Seats and tray tables dirty, it looked like the aftermath of a messy kids’ party! Sticky yeuch! I has to get the wipes out and clean around before we even sat down! Oh yes I’m afraid have disinfectant wipes will travel! LOL!

Food – no choice, beef for all, no good if your a non-meat eating pax, and the FA asked everyone what they woukd like to eat and everyone gave her their choice from the menu, only to be told time after time, “Ive only got beef”, pointless excercise! But she did get me a vegetarian alternative from economy – after I asked her what was supposed to eat then? Great I thought, until I opened it and attempted to fork some of the pasta out and the whole lot came out in one gloopy mess! Yeuch! They did come round with drinks but selling duty free took priority!

We found the cabin crew quite surly and disinterested.

When the pax in front reclined his seat, the seat back was practically on my lap!

I did phone customer services and they were quite sympathetic and took on board my constructive criticism as they are obviously paying for services, cleaning, food etc and the standard is not there. Well that was the tack I took with them. They gave us some miles but really as we are unlikely to fly with them again, pretty useless! But then again, now that Tesco club card points can be converted to Virgin as well …. Then never say never! LOL!

Hippocampus
    Participant

LeTigre, I am intrigued by your comment about a restructuring at Virgin. Are you able to share any more information?

LeTigre
    Participant

I’m afraid it’s not nearly as interesting as it sounds, I believe it’s mostly management and ground staff restructuring right now. I believe they are pursuing greater efficiencies cause they are recruiting so many at the moment (you wouldn’t believe it).

CityRiskBoy
    Participant

They need to restructure their inflight experience for all PAX and also put their crew through the paces again…….I believe the VS crews were recruited straight from Liquid nightclub in Crawley!!

Oranger the better and if their nails are more than3 inches then thats a bonus!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

All VS crew go through annual refresher training every year.

Are you a regular at Liquid?

capetonianm
    Participant

“I believe the VS crews were recruited straight from Liquid nightclub in Crawley!!”

I thought that den of everything that sums up the worst of Crapley had been closed down. That would explain LeTigre’s comment that they are recruiting so many at the moment!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

capetonianm, what do you have against people from working class backgrounds?

capetonianm
    Participant

Nothing at all. Anyone who ‘works’ is working class, and for that reason it’s a stupid meaningless expression. Have you read anything about Gordon Sumner, just as an example? Very much ‘from a working class’ background, and a most admirable person.

If you rephrase your question so as to make it meaningful, you could ask what I have against people who lack class, or who are low class, or who are vulgar nouveaux riche scum, or loud foul-mouthed drunken scum who go around beating up old ladies and driving unroadworthy cars with blaring stereos, or people who use ‘text speak’ such as ‘mega jel’ and perhaps you’ll understand. Or perhaps not. Let’s just disagree and leave it there as it’s not germane to this discussion.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls