Upgrading online with BA – a warning

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Fairbairn2
    Participant

The same happened to us with Etihad. We upgraded on the AUH-LHR sector on 26 Dec by ‘upselling’ from economy to business, basically I think Etihad will call you 48hrs before your flight if they are looking to fill business and offer an upgrade at a discounted price. I was told no chauffeur or lounge access but it would include the extra mileage and elite points – I am still waiting! Not only did it not give us the extra credits but it showed zero mileage and zero credit. We did get the credit for the return flight which was in the existing economy cabin. I have contacted them 3 times and the 3rd time have been told I just have to be patient. I am assuming the system is unable to cope with this type of upgrade so would need to be sorted out manually but do not understand why it is taking so long??

Binman62
    Participant

The first post on this thread states that it is a known glitch. This is still true and you must call the executive club who will fix the problem for you.

One call usually does it.

There is a question around why it is till a problem but BA. Do not really give this any priority.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

It is not just on-line upgrades on BA’s own site that are a problem – being Hong Kong-based we use Asia Miles (rather than Avios or whatever they are now) to buy upgrades from WT+ to CW on HKG-LHR-HKG flights. We have found that, almost without exception, we then do not get credited with any frequent flyer miles (CX Marco Polo) or Asia Miles. The system seems to flag the seats as “redemption seats” ineligible for miles, whereas of course we should still receive the points for the underlying paid WT+ flights. We have this fight with them nearly every time, it’s a massive pain

AuldReekie39
    Participant

Flew LHR TO PVG on 03Feb and my wife and I were offered upgrade from CW to First for £399 which we accepted. I note that no tier points were credited to our Silver accounts. We were each credited with 140 tier points rather than 210, 5719 miles, Cabin bonus 2830, and Tier Bonus 5719. Is this correct? Our original booking in CW was an upgrade for WT+ with miles.

A call to the Exec Club resolved the problem and the tier points were adjusted to 210. However, we completed the return sector yesterday in Club and were only awarded 70 tier points each. I called the Exec Club this morning who stated that as we booked WT+ and upgraded with miles and actually flew CW we are only entitled to WT+ tier points. Is this correct?

——————————————————————————–

NTarrant
    Participant

Yes, you only get the tier points and miles for the cabin you actually paid for.

AuldReekie39
    Participant

Thank you. Clearly we were wrongly awarded 140 tier points initially on the outgoing sector.

SpeedbirdAbz
    Participant

On this subject, I’m travelling to Melbourne next week on a QF flight -albeit a through QF ticket ex ABZ with BA and then BA/QF codeshare of course. Anyone had any upgrade offers on QF?

Binman62
    Participant

Yes they do… All very hush hush and seems some LHR staff very reluctant to offer…..but ask. Price is aimed at thevaussie market and I think is £400-£600 per sector

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls