Upgrade to Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

I had today my flights and surprising i was on the World Club Configuration!!!!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Do I take it that you had the Club World configured 767 from LHR to ATH?
    I have flown that sector at least 20 times and I always get the intra Europe configuration with no discernable difference between CE and Y class except in catering.

Potakas
    Participant

Yes Alex, the plane had CW,premium economy and economy . The CE passengers were sitting on the CW cabin, Premium Economy was empty and the Economy passengers were sitting on the Economy cabin.

I know as i also fly this sector very often (most of them with a 767), it was also for me the first time that i saw this change as they usually put 320’s. They crew told as that this happened for operational issues. I didn’t ask more.( I was hopping to get an answer saying; we are changing the interiors on 767s)

Does anyone knows if BA started to change the interiors on 767s? Has BA stated anything officially about those rumors ?

P.S.
    The seating map on my checkin was indicating a 767 with intra Euro configuration , which means that this change wasn’t something scheduled .

Regards,

Potakas

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Wow. Most unusual indeed.

The medium haul 767s are used for certain trans atlantic destinations where the 777 is too large, such as some ports in Canada, I believe.

There must have been a light CE load as the number of CW seats on the 767 would be significantly less than on the CE configured 767 and they may have had trouble fitting everyone in.

Shame they didn’t upgrade FF status pax to WTP.

Glad you had a good flight Potakas!

continentalclub
    Participant

There are reports of longhaul 767s appearing on a number of shorthaul routes quite regularly, recently.

Athens, Rome, Stockholm and Istanbul have all been mentioned. This suggests the non-availability of a shorthaul airframe, or perhaps more than one, but I would expect it to be a temporary situation.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Perhaps one of the shorthaul 767s is being refurbed…?

Well done on your “upgrade” to proper Club World; well worth the money!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls