(unofficial) BT Forum members dinner – Friday 30th June 2023 in Hong Kong.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Its been some years since the last couple of unofficial dinners in London and BKK.. So….

Joined with cwoodward, we have penciled (actually inked) in Friday 30th June 2023 in Hong Kong with an 7.30/8pm start – all are welcome.

As with previous unofficial events, it is important to ensure everyone is comfortable, so a suitable venue will be selected once numbers are known.

In the first instance, if you are interested and happen to be in HKG on the 30th, please can you reply on this thread, then we can work out how to get in touch. There is no intention of publishing the final details on an open forum, but with the help of technology and gmail, I am sure we will all be able to be in contact.

As with previous unofficial dinners it is intended to be a very casual and informal evening with hopefully lots of fun and travel related banter.

Costs for the evening (dinner, drinks etc) will be split evenly between attendees at the appropriate time.

Looking forward to hearing from interested attendees.

christ
    Participant

Hi Martin

I am in HK on 30 June and would like to join as I have no travel plans until early July (Tokyo – my first experience on JAL).

Thanks
    Chris

2 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

you can pencil me in, will get with my TMC to look at changing my flight from SGN to HKG onto that date

2 users thanked author for this post.

stugots
    Participant

Hello Martyn, what an excellent idea and I am based here, avid reader but have not posted much over the years. Thank you – will watch out for the email closer to the date.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t make HK, as much as I would love to, but I can thoroughly recommend these get togethers, of which I’ve attended several in London. Great fun and an opportunity to make new friends. I think we started in London with 3 people, and the last one I went to we were about 15. So if you’re there get in touch with Martyn and go along. You won’t regret it.

3 users thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Sounds to me as though a London dinner should be on the radar screen asap

4 users thanked author for this post.

BT
    Keymaster

Would loved to have joined you but sadly I am in Hong Kong two weeks before – maybe next time. We do however have a reader event in London on 24 May. It is a 3 course dinner and wine tasting. We have Rugby legend Will Greenwood attending, a tutored tasting with all readers leaving with a bottle of something and a voucher to spend with The WIne Flyer. If you are interested I think we have about 6 tickets remaining – https://businesstravellerevents.com/events/wine-tasting-in-association-with-the-wine-flyer

FDOS
    Participant

Unfortunately, I won’t be in HK that week, but do count me in for the next London dinner.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I would have loved to come on 24th, particularly as I am in London at the moment. But I have an Old Boys reunion the same day and I doubt my liver could cope with attending both!

cwoodward
    Participant

Go for it Mr Smith !

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I originally signed up for the 24th May event only to discover the line into Paddington is closed until mid June due to a sinking bridge meaning a 3 hour round trip now becomes 4.5 hours with a 45 minute diversion. Hopefully another London event can be inked into diaries soon

BT
    Keymaster

Well get your diaries out. The next confirmed BT Event in London will be on 26 September. More details in the June issue of BTUK and online later.

4 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

Switched my flight so i can confirm i will be in HK 30th June

MartynSinclair
    Participant

With just over 4 weeks to go:

3 BT Forum posters are looking forward to meeting in HKG at ca. 7.30pm/8pm on the evening of Friday 30th June for drinks and dinner. An email box has been created for anyone else who would like to join us. Please email at:

[email protected]

Once the numbers are known, an email will be sent out with the details about the evening.

Looking forward to the 30th..

1 user thanked author for this post.

superchris
    Participant

What a great idea. Im sorry I wont be able to be in HKG at this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls