Ukraine International Airlines Crash

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

I am not very good in physics. But at 8000ft, a plane is pressurised. A strike would normally create an explosion. We saw none…

capetonianm
    Participant

Human error.

Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, tweeted: “Investigations continue to identify & prosecute this great tragedy & unforgivable mistake.”
    “The Islamic Republic of Iran deeply regrets this disastrous mistake. My thoughts and prayers go to all the mourning families. I offer my sincerest condolences.

Why did it take 3 days for the ‘error’ to be discovered and admitted?
    This shows a lack of accountability and responsibility.
    Those responsible will be ‘prosecuted’. That may mean they will be executed as scapegoats but it neither instils confidence nor does it in any any way mitigate the enormity of the tragedy for the families and friends of the deceased.
    Where lies the blame? With poorly trained operators, or with the Russians who so happily and freely supply missiles to rogue regimes? Or with airlines that choose to operate in regions that are demonstrably unstable and dangerous.
    In all this, I feel sorry for the Iranian people, by and large immensely cultured, educated, and civilised people whose beautiful country is run by a cabal of madmen.

I offer no conclusion or solution, for there isn’t one. Just expressing my sadness at this.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=986459][/postquote]

At least they admitted. How many of these incidents remained unexplained…

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Just like the Saudi operatives that assisnated the journalist, I’m afraid it’s going to be a similar result for the hapless souls who carried out this atrocity
    Taking one for the team certainly takes on a different meaning if you live and work for regimes that value the afterlife more than the mortal one

1 user thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Now, post Iran’s embarrassing but transparent admission – it will be interesting to see how the Iranian people respond domestically given most on board had a connection to Iran. What an awful and avoidable tragedy this was. I can’t see anything good coming of it.

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=986380][/postquote]

Not sure who you mean by we, but there are several clips on Twitter showing an explosion.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=986524][/postquote]

I would have expected a disintegration. Obviously not as the plane was shot down…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls