Tips to make life easier on the road

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi CMB,

May I second what NTarrant has just said.

As for my wishes, here goes:

All F and C Gold Card Holders after check in to have a separate security and passport lane with direct access to the lounge.

When the flight is due to be called F and C Gold to be allowed to board first, directly and without having to wait in a cattle pen (sorry, I mean at the gate holding area).

If a night flight then leave the lights out. Those who wish to read can use the personal lights provided.

When landing at 6am, why O why are we all woken at 4am for breakfast??? I cannot even swallow at that time of the morning and with nice arrival lounges I can wait till 6.30 for breakfast.

I accept that some may want breakfast (especially those Germans and Swiss Germans for whom 4am is a late start!!!) but then this can be indicated before they go to sleep and they can be served quietly and eat with their personal lights on, rather than the whole cabin being lit up.

Finally, and this is my biggest bugbear. Having been cosseted from check-in to landing. We are then thrown out into the cold like last night’s dinner, to brave a hoarding mass of people all running the marathon to get to passport control/baggage claim. There should be a separate lane for the above mentioned so we can be whisked through to the lounge or to waiting taxi’s (also pre-arranged by the airline staff on landing if required) so the long taxi queues so prevalent at many airports can also be avoided.

This would not cost much more and would help justify the high prices we pay for our flights. LH, LX, BA, SQ and other premium carriers, are you listening???

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I wonder if we’ll ever get the lights left dimmed after take off on flights in the hours of darkness (as they call it…) – they no doubt say it’s so they can see to carry out the meal service, but you get the same on shorthaul flights and with the LCCs where there is no such service – ok there’s nearly always the trolley selling snacks & drinks.

The same goes for trains, which are even worse when it’s dark outside. Again no doubt they’d say it’s for catering service, but again you have the same where there is no such service in standard class. Then it would be so passengers can see their way to the on-board shop!

Come on airlines & rail operators, we don’t all want to travel feeling like we’re in a TV studio or operating theatre! Save yourself some electricity too!

carrotcake
    Participant

I would like a ” heavenly” bed with hypo- allergenic pillows in every hotel.

BlackTower
    Participant

I would welcome any way of cutting car hire costs they are completely ridiculous in Europe
    No rationing water bottles in BA CW would be great too
    Internet on BA.
    Not needing to take sandwiches in CW and First on BA
    Being able to eat at the bar US style
    Some sense that anyone is travelling on business in Europe anymore (I’m so woooonweee in almost every hotel i go to)
    An eelasticated self fit sheet for CW flat bed

VintageKrug
    Participant

Isn’t this more about strategies to deal with existing circumstances, and making the best of them rather than suggesting ways travel companies could spend more to improve their offering.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

ice cold china/mugs/cups should be warmed prior to serving hot tea and coffee.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have found leaving a tea spoon in the cup when pouring in the water seems to alleviate the potential for cracking.

carrotcake
    Participant

Tylenol PM and a bottle of water. All perfectly legal!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls