‘There’s (BAEC) Gold in them thar hills’ –

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• JetSet71
    Participant

Hello all, newbie here. I’ve searched the forum for this type of thing but can’t seem to find anything – apologies if it is there; please feel free to redirect.

Alas, I should now be rubbing shoulders with BAEC Gold members but I remain in the lowly ranks of Silver as BA are dragging their heels with regard to a partner airline tier point claim (Sri Lankan). First claimed at the end of Jan, although a very messed up (canx legs etc.) return trip did credit in a timely manner, the outbound did not. I am owed 280 TPs. I have submitted all relevant evidence, had one response email from a human (to which my reply was ignored), had the claim escalated twice, written various other emails and still no flicker of light at the end of the tunnel. The key question I have is what are my further escalation options, if any? Today I was promised a response in 3-4 days but if I get nothing I need to know where to go next. I did the CEO email trick with BT once it worked a treat. Any such options with BA? TIA.

cwoodward
    Participant

Which airline did you actually fly on BA or Sir Lankan ? Which airline was the ticket issuer?

1 user thanked author for this post.

JetSet71
    Participant

All Sri Lankan. BAEC number correctly entered for all legs. Also, have called Sri Lankan and supplied my booking ref and e-tkt numbers but they cannot locate any records. Beggars belief really.

Senator
    Participant

Not surprised. Do you have the original boarding passes available? And a copy of the e-ticket receipt?

JetSet71
    Participant

I do indeed, all sent to BA. Electronic copies only mind you.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

If the ticketing carrier can’t locate the records i’d struggle to see how BA could, I assume even if boarding passes are provided BA need confirmation from the operating carrier that you were onboard the flights.

JetSet71
    Participant

I agree. Boarding passes and e-tickets do not prove I was on the flights. But on the basis that I was, how do I progress this case?

Before we get ahead of ourselves, BA accepted the boarding passes I sent them and then asked for proof of travel class (I) which I also then sent them. But they ignored this and now the matter appears to be stuck.

I have witnesses that I was on these flights plus video evidence as I make the odd YouTube appearance. Do CEDR look at cases like this?

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I hugely sympathise. I have been told by BA that the last flight of my previous points year was an avios booking. It wasn’t, it was a cash booking in WTP which I then upgraded outward, with Avios. As a result, I was not allocated the status points and went down to silver. I have raised the issue now on 8 occasions with the GC helpline. Every time, they agree with me and say they will refer to the back office. Every time I get the same reply – “that it was an avios booking”. Going round in circles for 4 months now. Deprived of status and deprived of points, and stuck in an endless loop of incompetence. I wish you well!

sparkyflier
    Participant

JetSet71 – firstly welcome to the forum. I look forward to your further contributions.

Am sorry to hear about the pretty lousy non response from BA. You have given evidence and that should be enough.

In the past I have had issues with flights not being credited but they were fine once I sent the physical boarding passes. They were on RJ flights but interestingly last year I flew RJ and MH and both airlines credited the flights quicker than BA do for their own flights – in some cases within 24 hours.

Re Sri Lankan have flown them and had no issues(flights all lovely) although it took 5-7 days for their flights to be credited to BAEC.

Generally from conversations with friends it would seem that physical boarding cards/printed are more likely to be the tool that gets flights credited.

But I am wondering if this is something BT editorial are able to escalate to their contacts at BA? In the past (been a reader for decades)I recall they have helped readers at times, but that was in the context perhaps of a letter to the editor or Ask Alex(?).

I hope this is solved for you soon. It is ridiculous and them not responding (BA) is basically saying we do not value your business and do not want your money.

2 users thanked author for this post.

JetSet71
    Participant

Thanks – sounds worryingly familiar.

JetSet71
    Participant

sparkyflier – thanks for your response. I will keep my fingers crossed that BT might be able to assist. Meanwhile I plan to call CEDR later to see if it’s something they will take on. Their webiste suggests they might.

FDOS
    Participant

“Meanwhile I plan to call CEDR later to see if it’s something they will take on. Their webiste suggests they might.”

No reasons they shouldn’t, good luck.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“I have submitted all evidence” – did you do this by post or online. I find missing avios and tier points can be corrected by submitting via BAEC missing points page. I have just completed 6 non BA sectors on 3 airlines and 4 sectors were missing all credits. Submitted on line and all was resolved within 48 hours.

Also, welcome to the Forum Jet Set 71.

JetSet71
    Participant

MartynSinclair – Thanks.

Via online submission using missing tier point (partner airlines) claim form at start of Feb – still showing as ‘submitted’.

Around early March I emailed them boarding passes and e-ticket.

2 days ago emailed every document I have that pertains to these flights short of pictures and videos. That’s next!

Senator
    Participant

I have had similar issues and emailed [email protected] boarding cards etc.

Sometimes, it take a while. In December 2022, I travelled on Alaska Airlines in Domestic First. I book via AMEX Travel in Sweden, and they do not have a ticketing agreement with Alaska Airlines (IATA: AS). Then they use Hahn Air to issue the ticket on their ticket stock which starts with 169…
    https://www.hahnair.com/en/hr-169

Either way, it took about four weeks for this to be credited. I have a template I send across when this is missing:

Segment 2
    Reference: ABC123
    Date: 11 DEC 2022
    Route: SFO-SAN
    Flight number: AS3424
    Booking Class D First
    Ticket 169-1122334455
    Boarding pass attached

Best of luck!

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls