The Captain won :)

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

@ handbag – thank G-d there are posters that have time to post 15+ times a day and whether they are affiliated to a particular company or not has absolutely no relevance.

I agree with you that others with political and employee relations mindset should post on other forums!

handbag
    Participant

MartynSinclair – I am also pleased that some people have so much time to make so many posts. It certainly makes for some interesting reading.

I do personally feel that if you are affiliated to a particular Company it has a relevance.

In my mind there are 3 situations:

1. If you are being paid by the Company to praise them regardless of the actual situation / product, then it is not really a view that I would place much value in. If however, you say, “I work for them and this is the facts as I see them”, then that is different.

2.If you are an employee, just expressing a view that also makes a difference. Hopefully you will tell us the good and the bad.

3.If you have an experience, I am interested to know if someone who thinks a hotel is amazing is married, single, has/not children etc. This all has a meaning as to how their posting is relevant to me, when I read.

If you are being paid to say a service is the best you have ever received, is that as much value as someone who is a passenger and has paid for the service and was very happy.

If you are married with no children. Is someone who is single and has 3 children likely to want the same hotel?

To me the posters background has great relevance, although I do respect your point of view. Enjoy your posts.

firclaonly
    Participant

….and a nice glass of Mersault please 😉

Bruce98
    Participant

Tim

“If you are referring to VK, it is established beyond doubt that he is not affiliated with BA in any way.”

How so? Genuine question from a newbie, his posts read like pre-prepared media releases from BA.

Please note I am not trying to find out the poster’s identity, just curious as to how something is proven beyond doubt on an anonymous board.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Bruce98,

VK does not work for BA and I know that for a fact. He is a shareholder (by his own admittance) but he is not employed by BA in any capacity, directly or indirectly. I can’t tell you how I know that but I do, and it is 100% correct. Please take my word for it.

I try to be fair to posters on this Board and will criticise or support where I feel appropriate (but hopefully not abuse). I will now defend VK. The speculation about whether VK works for BA has cast a shadow over the validity of his posts – I firmly believe we need now to accept that he is not affiliated with BA and view his posts accordingly. Many of us has expressed that view that, whilst he can be smug and irritating at times, the Forum is richer with him than without him.

I also find it a very great pity that we have lost excellent regular posters over the last few months, not least DoS and Rich. Perhaps that reflects how the Forum has evolved over the last 12 months or so and it has, I believe, become less relevant and interesting as a result.

Regards, Simon

Tim2soza
    Participant

Bruce98 – I worked it out by some amateur Detective work with the help of Google. Simon is quite right in his views in my opinion.

Business Traveller reminds users that attempts to discuss or uncover posters’ identities will not be tolerated on this site.

Bruce98
    Participant

Well I couldn’t care less who s/he is, but I was interested that s/he is not a BA employee, as it puts a different slant on some posts.

I can’t see how ruling out someone as an employee of a major corporation is in anyway similar to trying to identify them, which is not on.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Simon, excellent comments. I think the Forum even through we have lots some valuable contributors like Rich and Dos/FDoS has actually had some positive that have come out as a result. In that we have had new contributors coming forward and more varied topics of conversation and not all BA.

We should all remember nobody is perfect and I don’t think this place would ever be the same without Vintage Krug. So log live VK!!!

I would like to think that even though Rich, DoS/FDoS & others don’t comment any more they at the very least still do read the forum! Guys and gals if you are still reading the forum. I hope you are all keeping well and miss you lots!!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

BT

I think categoric confirmation that VK doesn’t work for BA (or indeed in the travel industry) does not constitute finding out who he is. Rather, it is independent confirmation from a Third Party and it is only fair to VK that I support him when he says he doesn’t work for BA.

It seems that no matter how often he says it, he is not believed, and I do not believe that is fair as it weakens the credibility of his posts, and that also erodes the credibility of the Forum. Perhaps my confirmation of what he has said all along might put this tedious diversion to bed once and for all and strengthen the validity of what he posts.

Regards, Simon

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I feel confident if BT/or A N Others do get round to implementing NF in the format previously discussed, posters who have “disspappeared” will reappear!

I agree 100% with Simon’s post. The words of each post should be read in the context written. There is absolutley no relevance who a poster works for, even cabin crew who post responses.

MarkRussell2
    Participant

A lovely little sidenote to this, the captain has given his winnings to a very worthy cause. Good on him, heartening to see a positive outcome for the individual as well as a boost for needy cause.

http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/could-we-try-again-please/193474/7

I sincerely hope the flight crew and cabin crew who are by and large well mannered and courteous people, can put this chapter behind them. We can only hope the militant fringe are marginalised and wither on the vine.

all the best

canucklad
    Participant

Apologise in advance for mixing threads
    VK a member of Pravda BA
    Surely his ant-3rd runway stance says otherwisei

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls